POSTED 04 JAN 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
We are looking for an Operations Executive to join our Operations Team at MediaCom. The Operations team manage Gold standard digital display campaign activation across a wide range of MediaCom. Each member of our team can be thought of as a Project Manager, liaising with many different internal teams and external media owners to ensure a campaign launches on time and delivers to our client requirements.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports to the Operations Manager.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Overseeing the booking to billing process of campaign activation
- Learning about the whole digital landscape and how display fits into a clients’ strategy
- You will be constantly learning new things- no two days are ever the same!
Measures of success
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Got to grips with the booking to billing process for digital display campaigns
- Hands on experience building and validating client display reporting
What would you expect to achieve in the first 6 months?
- Independently booking digital display campaigns
- Troubleshooting technical issues that may arise in campaign activation
- Owning and maintaining the reporting output for your client activity
What would you expect to achieve in the first 12 months?
- Independently owning the digital implementation process across one or more client accounts - booking, activation through to reconciliation
- Built strong relationships with your account teams, tech counterparts and Media Owners
- Actively coming up with solutions/improvements to make improvements to the client’s account
Responsibilities of the role
- Owning operational business tasks including accurately booking media plans onto systems
- Coordinating the execution of strategic client campaigns from booking to launch
- Work with Tech counterpart to ensure campaigns are implemented efficiently and on time
- Compiling daily/weekly/monthly reporting to client specification
- Owning monthly financial reconciliation of Digital campaign activity
- Proactively managing financial queries to resolution
- Working collaboratively with Business Group counterparts to find solutions
- Contribute to team morale through workload balancing and positive work attitude
- Building positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What you will need
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skillset
- Team player who motivates and enjoys close collaboration with others
- Proven ability to manage workload in a highly pressured environment
- Adept at prioritisation, organisation, multi-tasking and time management
- Strong accountability to meet deadlines
- Good at problem solving – with the ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Competent in Excel
- Strong communication style, with the ability to utilise this to manage stakeholder expectation
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*