POSTED 25 MAR 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
MediaCom Job description style guide
Overview of job
This role is an opportunity to be part of Business Group 7 at MediaCom, working as a Senior Planner with Lloyds Banking Group. The role will primarily be on Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland, but with opportunity to work across other brands and on the wider portfolio. With an ambition to be some of the most creative and highly awarded brands within financial services, this is a fantastic opportunity for an inquisitive and passionate senior planner to work with one of the UK’s “big four” financial services brands.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Ashley Edwards (manager) and Kelly-Star Baker (AD)
3 best things about the job:
- It is part of MediaCom UK’s newest Business Group (BU7), a team in which planners, buyers, implementation leads, strategists, data specialists, insight specialists, digital specialists and Creative Systems work as one multidisciplinary team to produce brilliant work, aiming to be the benchmark for bigger picture thinking in the agency
- The clients are a brilliant combination of smart, ambitious, and highly collaborative
- A chance to shape the future of marketing and win awards, building a fantastic career in the process
Measures of success –
In three months, you will have:
- Built a strong relationship with the key clients at Lloyds and Bank of Scotland
- Helped to develop the skills of the rotational exec in the team
- Built strong relationships with the wider Business Group, including Data and Insight and Implementation
- Worked on a response to brief, making use of the System as part of the response
In six months, you will have:
- Become a trusted strategic partner to your clients
- Built a strong relationship with LBG’s agency partners
- Actively contributed to increasing client profitability through involvement in 1+ additional services project (e.g. Creative Systems or Systems Intelligence)
- Written a personal growth statement for the year ahead
- Led one of the business group monthly meetings
In 12 months, you will have:
- Helped to contribute towards at least one awards entry, which in turn gets shortlisted or wins
- Ensured the account is in perfect financial health and all media is billed correctly and on time
- Been given positive personal feedback in the LBG twice yearly service review
- Learnt one new skill that grows yourself and can be applied to the MediaCom business
- Completed all digital and data training relevant to your role
Responsibilities of the role:
What you will need:
- An inquisitive, open mind
- A can-do, collaborative attitude
- Curiosity and passion for brands
- A desire to create brilliant work for yourself, MediaCom and our clients
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A friendly and professional personality, supporting those you work with
- Confidence dealing with lots of very smart clients
- An ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders, including LBG’s creative and PR agency partners
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en