POSTED 05 MAR 2021
MediaCom - Buying, Trading & Investment • Buying, Trading & Investment • Full-Time
The MediaCom Investment Associate Director will be responsible for overseeing operational excellence across all MediaCom clients, in conjunction with the country Heads of Investment.
Working closely with Group M and MediaCom Heads of Investment you will have full understanding of client objectives, performance products & market dynamics, assisting all MediaCom teams on execution.
You will act as an expert and consultant to champion client pricing and commercial delivery; ensuring MediaCom delivers all KPIs & commitments.
Reporting: This position reports into the Chief Investment Officer, APAC
Three best things about the role:
- This is a senior role with a high level of exposure to the leadership teams of MediaCom, our media partners and clients throughout the region and globally
- You will be working in a future focused agency with the opportunity to contribute to the shaping of MediaCom investment across APAC
- Having the freedom to establish commercial initiatives that make significant contributions to brands success
What is expected in the first:
- You will have connected with the key personal from the regional team and local markets
- Familiarized yourself with the various aspects & offerings of the MediaCom/GroupM business
- Met the key clients and understood the requirements & commitments on their business
- Taken ownership of investment management for global accounts in the region
- Built relationships with key vendors, auditors and tech partners
- Played a key role in the construction of market leading supply and inventory management
- Undertaken full review and implemented enhancements to the existing accountability model and product usage, if required
- Be seen as the first point of contact both internally and externally for all Investment related matters
- Leads and mentors the regional account teams to help develop and improve their planning & buying skills and operational discipline
- Overseeing regional account teams investment distribution, sourcing of supply and inventory execution
- Ensure that the MediaCom accountability offering continually evolves and remains market leading with a focus on digital metrics & reporting
- Partner with product teams to review the product roadmap and help prioritize the product development and implementation of new features and functionalities based on client needs
- Clearly communicating benefits to clients and assisting markets to include products and services that drive enhanced value in campaigns
- Working with local MediaCom teams to monitor delivery vs. set targets and contractual commitments
- Writing/summarizing performance results to be presented to the global procurement or marketing teams within the client organization
- Working with the CIO and pitch leaders to develop pitch winning proposals
- Developing bespoke investment strategies and securing advantageous client pricing
- Strong knowledge of tools, tech and products to incentivise new business wins
- Foster a positive culture amongst all trading staff based on MediaCom values & behaviours
- Lead, coach and mentor the agencies trading teams on investment excellence
- Encourage trading best practice and initiative sharing across all MediaCom APAC offices
Motivation & self-management
- Proactively identify business critical issues with stakeholder teams whilst equally being able to design, develop and deploy solutions that continue to improve the investment output across APAC
- Be flexible and willing to work with multiple teams, to direct and create product opportunity that enhances client delivery
MediaCom & GroupM APAC Community
- Work with the MediaCom and GroupM teams to play an active part in the GroupM regional trading community, sharing work and ideas, encouraging collaboration and cooperation as appropriate
- Cultural role-model & growth ambassador
- Working with the CIO, it will also be incumbent on you to ensure you have a program of longer-term strategic projects that aspire to make us better than we are now, running in parallel with day to day short term responsibilities
- You will contribute to broader agency strategic plan, taking responsibility for leading and delivering on specific areas as needed and advised by the CIO
Candidates will have circa 6+ years of relevant trading/media planning experience, ideally in the APAC region.
This is a rewarding role across a very wide geography with many challenges, so it requires a highly self-motivated person, with strong energy levels.
In addition, the candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Excellent numerical analysis skills and attention to detail
- Strong, hands-on operational experience with a practical approach to media investment management
- Strong and calm under pressure and tight timelines
- Confident presenting to senior client and internal stakeholders on trading performance and related matters and comfortable challenging when required
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
About GroupM Singapore
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.