POSTED 22 MAR 2021
MediaCom - Account Management/Client Services/Media Planning • Media Planning • Full-Time
Overview of job
Mediacom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Media Executive to join us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Director
3 best things about the job:
1. Working in the fastest-growing agency in Taiwan with a team who are passionate
2. Working across a diverse client portfolio
3. Working with young and energetic team
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Become familiar with all relevant media and systems, and the team processes
- Provided superior administrative support to the team
- Obtain the basic knowledge and relevant skills of media planning and buying
- Support daily routines with working partners (mentor, planning team, media vendors and creative agency)
In six months:
- Able to build knowledge of Media Plans
- Started to build an understanding of the 2020 Framework and how it is applied to the team’s processes and output
- Built an understanding of product portfolio
- Grown to work closely with working partners mentioned above on (campaign executions and daily routines)
In 12 months:
- Started to develop a strong media POV and develop media recommendations
- Built trusted relationships with media partners and clients
- Started to develop trust and influential relationships with media owner
Your daily job looks like at Mediacom:
- Strategic thinking and planning:
Develop media objectives and measurable KPIs based on clients'
- Client relationships:
Build and maintain good relationships with clients
Manage clients' expectations
Detect clients' real, underlying concerns or problems, and provide
Establish great teamwork
Develop and define clear, efficient work processes and responsibilities for the team
Train and enhance team members' connection planning expertise
Be responsible for the on time delivery and quality of the team's work
Assist team members to complete tasks on time whenever and wherever necessary
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in digital media, advertising, marketing
- Working knowledge across search (SEM), social (FB/Line), video (OTV), display (GDN etc), ad serving (DCM) and ideally also programmatic media buying (DV360)
- Experience with Media Research Tools (Comscore, GWI, TGI, YouGov, SimilarWeb)
- Ability to provide and plan media across channels and estimate return of media investment
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to manage client expectations, work independently and also collaborate in a team environment
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong reasoning skills
- Lead by example while motivating and coaching juniors on the team
- Manage performance development cycle and review process for junior
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
“Power of One” is the most important core value of our Taiwan office, where GroupM and its agencies – Mindshare, Wavemaker and Mediacom thrive through teamwork and collaborations within an inclusive corporate culture. You can expect a diverse, fun and transformative work environment where one can learn and grow. In Taiwan, we are committed to shaping the next era of media where advertising works better for people. This includes the people of our organization, our clients, and our communities and market.
One of the fastest-growing and most innovative economies in Asia, Taiwan is truly one of the most livable cities in the region with friendly people, great food served round-the-clock and the best cost to quality-of-life ratio in the whole APAC region. Exciting opportunities awaits you in this bustling city!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.