POSTED 01 MAR 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Systems Intelligence Lead
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced marketing effectiveness and data practitioner to play a leading role in MediaCom’s transformative data journey. The successful candidate will be a member of both the Tesco team and the wider Systems Intelligence community.
Systems Intelligence houses all of the data, effectiveness, insight and technology specialists within MediaCom. The team has one purpose – to ensure the best use of data within media planning.
This role will set up and run this new Systems Intelligence team for the Tesco account. This team is crucial for Tesco’s success by delivering a data-driven approach to media strategy, planning and activation with an emphasis on accountability and innovation which forms the foundation of our partnership with Tesco moving forward. This unit also empowers & guides the wider MediaCom network on their own transformative data journey.
This role also incorporates the Systems Intelligence Lead in Business Group 4 which has key clients such as The Coca-Cola Company, Uber, eBay & Money supermarket. The BG4 client set are at different stages of their data journeys and a key part of the role will be identifying opportunities for each client and developing roadmaps for change.
We are looking for a Systems Intelligence Lead to set up and run a multi-discipline data, technology analytics and insight unit within Business Group 3, responsible for Tesco.
You will be responsible for ensuring Tesco deliver on their ambition of serving every shopper a little better every day. This will be delivered through pioneering use and application of their first party data, best in class marketing effectiveness techniques and deep audience insight and research.
You will work closely with the leads of media strategy, planning & activation teams to ensure every element of Tesco’s communications system is fuelled by industry leading data & insight as well as well as being an active part of our central Systems Intelligence Unit.
You will help identify opportunities and drive this agenda forward for Business Group 4.
Key areas of focus:
- Creation and execution of a future facing, privacy first data and tech roadmap.
- POVs on current industry trends, providers, platforms and data regulations; updating the roadmap if relevant.
- Build and inspire a motivated team of data, tech and analytics specialists and manage their delivery schedule for the coming year(s).
- Putting in place and governing processes within the wider team to enable continuous delivery of data infused and tech optimised solutions.
- Driving learning agenda through building and embedding measurement and testing frameworks.
- Work with MediaCom client-account leadership to engage client(s) on all matters data related and become a trusted advisor to the client and account team on this topic.
- Gain a deep understanding of the client’s media, marketing & business challenges and identify how Mediacom’s Intelligence services & products can help address these.
- Present proposals for future work to a variety of client audiences including technical, creative and c-suite teams.
- Refine and customise MediaCom Intelligence products & services for successful application to Tesco and BG4 clients.
- Create and conduct training sessions to ensure our data driven consumer insight, media planning, activation, and measurement services are being used appropriately and sufficiently widely to have concrete impact on operations.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into two of the Managing Partners/Business Group Heads, with a line into central Head of Systems Intelligence.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Working with one of the largest and richest 1st Party data sets in the UK.
- Part of one of the most awarded marketing/media teams (winner of the IPA Grand Prix 2020).
- Variety! working with and leading a multi-disciplined team of audience, technology and data experts and helping to build this capability across the Business Groups.
What are the measures of success?
- Creation & delivery of an innovative data, tech and insight roadmap for Tesco.
- Data fueled campaigns (on and offline channels) as standard across all campaigns.
- Trusted partner relationship with Tesco’s insight team.
- Delivery of revenue targets through identification and delivery of additional products and services.
- Award wins in key industry data, insight & research awards.
- Up to date measurement framework for all campaigns and channels.
- Protocols and processes in place across the wider Tesco MediaCom team to ensure ethical and legal use of data throughout the campaign process.
- Work with MediaCom account leadership to promote the awareness, application, and value perception of our work by client personnel across all relevant organisational levels.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Built a strong working relationship with your team, establishing clear KPIs and training programmes for all.
- Able to articulate the areas of opportunity for the team and for clients.
- Met with and know objectives of all the relevant stakeholders within Tesco’s insight team.
- Present your view on a 12 month vision and roadmap for data, tech and analytics projects that can be presented both internally and to the clients.
What will you need?
- Solid practical experience of media audience insights, measurement, media analytics, or strategic media planning.
- A multi-disciplinary skill set. Deep knowledge of at least one and a good knowledge of the other following areas: Digital platforms and associated data, overall digital infrastructure, analytics/statistics, market research, CRM
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing multi-disciplinary teams
- A data and tech ‘translator’ with the ability to ‘translate’ technical capability into practical strategies and consultative sale proposals
- Experience at delivering innovative solutions that deliver a tangible business impact
- The ability to quickly influence senior colleagues, clients and partner agency people
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*