POSTED 21 FEB 2021
MediaCom - Data, Analytics & Insight • Data, Analytics & Insight • Full-Time
Core purpose of job
You will co-lead China Data Team to build expertise in advanced analytics and programmatic/ecom analysis related field. Co-work with team head, in terms of digital products innovation, and client consulting work. In this role, you will work closely with client facing team and DMP team.
3 best things about the job:
- Work in one of the fastest growing areas within communication.
- Work with an amazing team from different units like strategic planning, programmatic advertising, search marketing, etc.
- Work in an exploring and boundless way to research the communication and marketing field.
- Client satisfaction
- Project management
- New business contributions
- Data product innovation
Position of the role
This role reports to the Head of Data. This director needs to take care of junior team members in the team providing training to them as well as acting as key contact window of data team for internal and external clients.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Consulting of clients and internal in the area of MediaCom business science offering and capability, incl. data, analytics, modelling and/or dashboard
- Supporting client facing team to implement advanced data analytics request as an expert
- Co-developing digital products/offerings
- Presenting digital offerings to new client
- Managing data resource relationship and working on data source merging
Tasks & Measurement
In three months:
- Got familiar with MediaCom, the environment, culture, ways of work, team
- Became individual contributor, to consult with client/internal for expertise field
- Kicked-off the first data project for our client
- Kicked-off the first model automation project
- Quickly be familiar with assigned clients and internal stakeholders.
- Establish trusted relationship clients. Independently solve the content request raising from client side.
In six months:
- Contributed to new business
- Built up strong relationship with client facing team
- Co-lead digital product renovation and innovation
- Implement first data project.
In 12 months:
- Led and coached the junior analyst to grow both hard and soft skill
- Became an expert in advanced analytics field and built strong
- Do client facing presentation to promote digital solutions to client
What you will need:
- Major in data science, statistics, mathematics, metrology, computer science, electronic engineering, or other science related major, CPDA/CDA certificate is a plus
- 5-6 years of expertise experience, such as IT consultancy company, digital media service company, ecommerce service company, analytics in brand owners
- An independent, self-driven individual with highly responsible nature
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, managing complexity and challenges
- Fluent in Chinese and excellent in English
- Understanding of China digital space is an advantage
- High affinity for numbers and excellent knowledge of technology of the digital advertising market
- Good PowerPoint skills
- Good knowledge in the technology area of digital media, database, algorithm is a plus
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.