POSTED 17 MAR 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • FTC (Full Time)
We’re looking for passionate and enthusiastic Digital Planner/Buyer, to bring their expertise to a number of clients within one of our client account teams.
You will be responsible for creating strong innovative digital work, working alongside the Account Manager. You will be involved in all digital channels from display to PPC and will be one of the champions of digital channels within the agency, which will give you the opportunity to share knowledge with the wider agency team. You will also be responsible for tracking and optimisations to make sure that campaigns are delivering successfully. This is a client team role so you will also attend meetings and build relationships with the clients in the team.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into Account Manager
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- That you will get to bring new ideas to clients and see your well thought out ideas being brought to life within plans
- You will have the opportunity to take ownership on some clients, giving you the chance to put your own stamp on your work and build strong relationships
- You will have the opportunity to work and learn directly with the Head of Digital, which will help with development.
What are the measures of success?
- An established member of our team who has helped with workload and can show they have created campaigns that have delivered for our clients.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- You will have learned our processes and started to show that you can bring exciting ideas to the team and our clients. You will have met clients, be in place as a digital champion and built relationships with the other digital experts across our network.
What will you need?
- To be able to create and run display, paid social and paid search (PPC) campaigns
- To be prolific in running campaigns across Facebook, YouTube, Snap and TikTok
- A drive for learning and developing your digital skill, including understanding how digital is transforming TV, Audio and Out of Home.
- A solid understanding of how programmatic media buying works (DSP from DMP) and be able to deliver effective campaigns for clients.
- To be able to use Google Marketing Platform namely analytics, campaign manager and search ads
- To have a questioning mindset and be able to challenge responses, to strive to get the best from media publishers.
- A good understanding of finance process be able to accurately book activity on to the finance system and deal with queries in a timely manner.
- A strong understanding of setting-up pixels, trafficing creative and tagging media channels and be able to raise and troubleshoot tagging and tracking scripts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to adapt your style for your audience as necessary.
- Be able to use excel to create media plans
- Be able to create and manage reporting for clients, using analytics
- Excellent organisational skills, meaning you can appropriately prioritise tasks and able to distinguish what’s ‘urgent’ from what’s important and manage client expectations.
- To be a team player
- Be able to build collaborative working relationships with clients and creative agencies.
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.