POSTED 01 FEB 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Regular
Job Title: Global Operations Director & Chief of Staff
Department / Team: Global Planning Operations
The Global operations Director explores and establishes strong operational practices to support the Dell GAD (Global Account Director) and MC teams to deliver MCs Business strategy as Dell’s business continues to expand and evolve
The successful candidate for this role will work with multiple stakeholders both at the client side as well as internally and with other WPP agencies to assess, recommend and implement opportunities that drive greater efficiencies and effectiveness across a variety of projects spanning, media service delivery, scoping and compensation and Ad hoc strategic projects.
The Global Operations Director will need to have a strong understanding of how Dell’s business operated and how marketing teams’ functions, how agencies businesses operate and the discipline of media planning to be able to devise strategic and creative operational solutions.
There will be 2 team members directly reporting to the Global Operations Director, Global Ops manager and a Global Data Manager
Scope and Compensation
- Develop and implement scope of work processes for global, regional and local teams
- Support teams in their development and management of scopes of work
- Own the the global deliverables scoping process
- Identify and support the development of new scope opportunities
- Support resolution of scope conflicts e.g. scope creep, un-scoped requests etc.
Finance / Commercials
- Be Business point of contact for commercial and finance teams to address business questions related to Dell
- Work with relevant parties to ensure protocols are established, e.g. pass-through process
- Ensure clients are educated on our protocols e.g. annual CPM savings
- Manage the development of and monitor the annual Global Growth plan for MC leadership and support GAD in inputs to the WPP Team Dell growth plan
Human Resources / Staff Management
- Oversee the Recruitment process for global and NA Dell teams and be the point of contact for the co-ordination including and not limited to:
- Managing and ensuring team meets HR talent submission dates
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure JDs are created and updated
- Liaise with HR managers to ensure candidates are being identified and passed through to the team to evaluate and interviewed
- Be aware of promotion calendar and ensuring submissions are created and submitted by managers for eligible team member
Media Service Delivery
- Identify and develop opportunities for improving how media planning and execution practices
- Develop and manage media training portal
- Support the development of GTM protocols
- Assist in fostering a positive client relationship through work with Dell Agency Management and key Dell stakeholders (when required)
Other key duties
- Support GAD in delivering on strategic AdHoc projects
- Manage the Global Operations Manager in deliveries that support the Global Operations Director and the GAD including but not limited to:
- GST, Global Spend tracker
- Newsletter development
- CRM database updates and usage
- Dell Rooster Tool Management
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- An understanding of media agency business models and operations
- An understanding of how client marketing teams operate
- Experience of media planning and buying,
- familiar with principles, practice and the various disciplines involved from strategy through media plan development, execution, optimization and reporting
- familiar with digital advertising and concepts around performance marketing and technology
- Must have strong
- analytical commercial and procurement acumen
- Project management capabilities
- Strong project management discipline
- Can do attitude
- Helpful and collaborative
- Can bring disparate views together
- Global role may require some calls outside standard business hours
- Ability for occasional to travel
- Supporting work deliveries outside main remit
- 15+ years’ experience, a combination of agency and client side preferred
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.