POSTED 18 MAR 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Regular
Job Title: Media Planner
Department / Team: Integrated Planning
The Media Planner is responsible for all tasks and client service activities associated with an assigned account. You will act as a steward of the entire communications planning process by executing plan changes/maintenance of media plans, developing and applying a working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology, media math, and media plan execution
- Manage day-to-day plan changes/maintenance of media plans
- Work directly with the Media Planning Assistant in creating, updating, and presenting media plans
- Present plans both internally and externally
- Develop strategically solid media recommendations with supporting rationale
- Assist in the analysis of research to develop the objectives, strategies, and tactics
- Lead weekly client status meetings
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of media relevant to the client’s business including TV, print, digital, OOH, search, and radio
- Research and compile competitive data
- Evaluate and propose targeting, geography, scheduling, support level, and budget
- Work with various agency partners (internal & external) to develop 360 cross channel marketing plans to meet client objectives
- Review industry trades for new sites, innovative and creative ad units and technologies, and competitive information
- Responsible for billing process
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Communicate effectively
- Highly proactive
- Eagerness to learn
- Establish and maintain effective relationships within as well as outside the team
- Other responsibilities as assigned
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in category
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in developing non-traditional & disruptive media ideas
- Excellent time management skills
- Advanced Excel skills; intermediate PowerPoint and Microsoft Word skills
- Use of appropriate GSIP and 3rd party tools to research and develop plan recommendations
- 1+ years’ related experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758/view/1048040/
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.