POSTED 15 FEB 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Objective of the Role:
The role of Digital Account Executive is to work closely with your team/manager to help set the digital communication strategy for media campaigns. You should help contribute to establish the goals and objectives, target audience, message and tone in which the campaign should be delivered. You should have ownership of projects and with that responsibility to make sure Mediacom teams deliver – especially the digital teams. You should also aim to continually exceed client’s expectations.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Understanding of the digital planning and buying processes are key for this role
- Understanding of how performance brands/clients work across all channels both digitally and traditionally.
- Become an expert in the use of MediaCom’s suit of digital planning and audience research tools
- Understanding of attribution modelling, ad-serving and trafficking technologies
- Understanding of PPC & SEO strategy/delivery
- Knowledge of how to integrate social, mobile and Facebook into campaigns effectively
- Develop and apply a working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology, media formula’s and media plan execution (e.g., reach, frequency, universe, TVR/GRP, ratings, CPM)
- A basic understanding of different media types – TV, OOH, Digital etc including deadlines e.g. AB deadlines
- Assist in training Account Assistants
- Understanding and application of the GSIP tools and process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Excellent time-management skills
- Analytical and curious minded
- Present plans internally and externally
- Be vocal in media owner meetings and apply learning’s to your client base
- Learn about ‘storytelling’ and how to apply it to your presentation style
If you have the skills and experience for this challenging and exciting role, we would like to hear from you!
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom North*
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.