POSTED 06 OCT 2020
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • FTC (Full Time)
Overview of job
We’re looking for a quick thinking, organised and passionate SEO Manager to work with one of the UK’s biggest digital publishers.
The candidate should have experience working on large websites, comfortable handling significant amounts of data and be passionate about technical SEO. Other skills required for the role are great communication and project management skills.
The SEO Manager will be responsible for delivering best in class SEO solutions to some of the UK’s biggest news brands. The successful candidate must be comfortable managing and prioritising own workload and working both autonomously and as part of an extended client team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the SEO AD and Head of SEO
3 best things about the job:
- Adventurous and pioneering clients who want to succeed in search and content
- The team - both the immediate core team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all departments.
- Outstanding personal development, training and learning opportunities, through different online platforms and when possible hosted in our own offices.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Built strong relationships with your clients and peers, leading day to day communications
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into your projects’ content & SEO strategies
In six months, you would have:
- Showcased exceptional project management skills through the delivery of multiple projects.
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for the clients and internal teams with regards to technical SEO.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight.
- Built strong relationships with your team, nurturing their growth and development, reviewing and re-setting KPIs as required
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working directly with clients in planning and implementing SEO campaigns and strategies which add real value to their business
- Oversee the performance of all SEO campaigns and ensure that key insights are incorporated into future activity
- Analysing client websites, search results and online marketing data to identify SEO opportunities within clients’ markets
- Manage account expenses: staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciliation
- Line manage SEO Planners and Executives: delegate workload, provide guidance and support, set up KPIs and goals for their 360 appraisals
- Maintaining the agency’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships
- Working alongside SEO Head and/or other MediaCom Management to expand the project base revenue to a retainer base revenue, and on new business opportunities
- Ensure that account work remains profitable, and display commercial acumen in the allocation of work against billings
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Monitor industry trends and updates and report back on insights to the wider team
What you will need:
- An excellent understanding of industry standard SEO tools including Google Analytics, Advanced Web Rankings, Google Search Console, Google Data Studio Deep Crawl, BrightEdge and Screaming Frog.
- Basic HTML knowledge
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy
- Good time keeping skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrable Account Management experience in SEO (experience working in an Agile way preferred but not essential)
- Strong client relationship building experience with excellent presentation skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to write persuasive business documents including new business proposals and campaign summaries
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A proven track record of proactively identifying business opportunities within client targets and strategies
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Commercial understanding and being able to put together Scopes of work and answer client’s briefs.
Essential personal qualities:
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and to make sure that others deliver in support of you
- Flexibility - willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Proactive thirst to learn new skills and keen to develop
- Attention to detail
MediaCom have one of the most innovative, passionate and successful digital performance teams in the UK, providing clients with best-in-class digital services across Paid Search, SEO, Data, Programmatic Display, Paid Social and other performance media.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en