POSTED 17 FEB 2021
MediaCom - Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Media Planning • Full-Time
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Planning Manager / Digital Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for servicing clients of international brands, providing recommendation in digital strategy, overseeing the digital communication ecosystem including digital strategy and planning. You will also assist team leader in coaching junior staff. You will also assist team leader in coaching junior staff, providing guidance to the extended local performance and ad operations team working to develop the operational capabilities of the agency.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Deputy GM, MediaCom
3 best things about the job:
- Work on one of the most iconic brands in the world.
- Will be one of the pillars of Mediacom’s performance marketing division.
- Opportunity to expand the learning on Biddable/Programmatic Media as part of a growing center of excellence for the agency. High visibility within Mediacom and with the client where your work is sure to be seen & appreciated.
In this role, your goals will be:
In 3 months:
- Completed inductions with internal teams and key media owners;
- Supervise the workflow processes for performance-based campaigns and ad operations for seamless implementation;
- Understand the business and brand situation, as well as digital capabilities of key clients, way of working and communication flow with agency partners;
- Completed all the tools training (if not familiar with the systems already) and understand how MediaCom develops communication planning;
- Provided constructive feedback about the day-to-day job duty of junior members of the team.
In 6 months:
- Have a full understanding of all key accounts and their performance and ad operations requirements;
- Already established trusted relationship with client management and custodianship;
- Have made some significant strides in optimizations within the accounts, working closely with internal stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to judge ideas in terms of factual accuracy and relevance to brief;
- Initiate constructive discussion with clients in the agency’s recommendation including digital media, SEM, SEO;
- Demonstrated creativity and innovative mindset in client’s briefs and problem solving.
In 12 months:
- Instigated training sessions for the rest of the performance team in basic-intermediate proficiency across all key biddable platforms and ad operations, and 101 workshops for the rest of the team;
- Led the team to make noticeable year on year performance improvements;
- Led the strategic response to brief, incorporating with internal and external stakeholders to create sound recommendation;
- Fully conversant with all latest upgrades and enhancement of digital platforms and SEO
- Amplified client knowledge on strategic approach of biddable platforms;
- Supported account leads and had a point of view on other brands within the portfolio as and when required; Increased the adoption of SEO and other biddable services;
- Identified opportunities in gain additional revenue from existing clients;
- Actively participated in new business pitches.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Oversee the strategy, planning, implementation (ad operations), and reporting of Performance and digital campaigns;
- Lead conversations around digital strategies with our agency partners;
- Set expectations and deliver on multiple projects at the same time;
- Supervise implementation team for hitting the Performance KPIs for all brands which work to prove the value of biddable platforms to the clients and internal teams;
- Successfully work on, or lead, cross-functional teams with clients, internal teams, and media owners;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, agency partners and vendors;
- Supervise a team comprised of 3-4 junior team members.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in digital advertising / media agency, or in-house digital marketing team;
- Strong digital knowledge especially in performance and analytics areas; including SEO;
- Strong written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Strong organizational and numeracy skills;
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude;
- To be a team player.
More about MediaCom
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels. By focusing on the totality of our clients' communications, we deliver step-changing media effectiveness improvements, transforming our clients’ business through systems thinking. We employ 1800 people in 23 offices across 15 countries around Asia Pacific.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development.
We were named the best-performing media agency of 2017 (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). In terms of new billings alone, MediaCom topped the charts with over $1.6bn in new clients (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). We are named the Media Agency Network of the Year by Festival of Media Global Awards (2018/2017), AdWeek (2017), Campaign (2017) and M&M Global (2017).
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.