POSTED 12 FEB 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Regular
About the Role:
The MediaCom for Business team is seeking a Global B2B Strategy Director to join our dynamic and expanding team. This person will be responsible to deliver deep B2B brand/field strategies to address client’s business needs and establish B2B growth marketing practices to drive business outcomes for existing B2B businesses as well as bringing in new clients through pitches. Reporting to the Managing Partner, Global Strategy Director, this individual will play an integral role in shaping the B2B marketing strategies, planning, measurement, and advanced analytics.
- Work in partnership with all senior MediaCom leads on the Client business to develop communications solutions that deliver Client business goals
- Responsible for the strategic foundation for all B2B plans. Design and execute strategic contributions throughout the B2B comms planning process from insights to strategy, strategy briefing to planning, plans to activations, activations to measurement, measurement to performance assessments, and assessments to action plans
- Define strategic standard for success/excellence for B2B clients across various industries and verticals.
- New business pitches and working to deliver real business outcomes as a strategic partner to the account team.
- Create holistic planning frameworks across full buyer journey, with B2B specific insights like intent, buying team, buyer persona etc
- Design growth marketing approach for B2B to turn into unique agency tools.
- Recommend the right go to market approach including Account Based Marketing and the strategic role of media.
- Build on the Consumer Journey to craft strategically sound content strategies and related measurement plans.
- Utilize B2B Martech knowledge to advance buyer behavior/need based comms, media, and content approaches.
- Establish solid, credible relationships with key Client and MediaCom stakeholders
- Curate inspiring think shops with cross function brand marketing team
- Fluency and agility to quickly develop communications strategies that provide clear and actionable objectives and channel roles/deliverables
- Monitor and ensure the integration of strategy throughout the delivery process; demonstrate the ability to take action (or engage with others to do so) to modify/course-correct as needed to ensure the integrity of the plan and deliverables
Your People Skills:
- Ability, desire, and proven ability to lead teams. Willingness to work with and teach others -- within the strategy group and beyond, across all client accounts he/she touches
- Lead by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching team members
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Able to establish and maintain strong, effective relationships interdepartmentally
- Target top B2B talent; help to recruit and select staff
Your Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven track record of business/marketing expertise and inspiring teams to develop actionable plans that drive results
- B2B enthusiast – Curious and observant to the evolution of marketing in the B2B space
- Ability to simplify/synthesize complex data from a variety of sources and then communicate solutions in a simple, fresh perspective that clearly outlines the roles and deliverables of channels
- Fully versed on the strategic roles of interactive/digital as well as familiar with predicted evolutions
- Skilled familiarity with various B2B research techniques and sources (unique data sets in B2B like Dun&Bradstreet, Forrester, Gartner, Social listening tools etc )
- The ability to work quickly and well under pressure, often multitasking on a variety of projects
- A self-starter; works closely with manager but proactively looks for solutions
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking in a constructive way
- Natural facilitator; helps integrated agency teams cross-pollinate shared solutions
- Ability to craft insightful, inspiring briefs
- Maturity, confidence and perspective to manage quick/unexpected transitions or conflicts to successful resolution
- 8+ years previous senior level B2B marketing experience; at least 5+ solid experience working in a strategic capacity in a B2B role within agency or at client side.
- Previous work experience in strategic role in marketing/communication fields to ensure a more holistic application of strategy
- Solid knowledge and experience in applying strategy to B2B comms and field marketing
- Prior experience in advertising, digital and/or direct marketing desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.