POSTED 10 FEB 2021
MediaCom - Comms & Strategic Planning • Comms & Strategic Planning • Full-Time
Mediacom is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communication services group. MediaCom is currently named Agency Network of the Year at Festival of Media Global Awards 2020. Mediacom is a team of 8,000 people in 125 offices in 100 markets. And we are the trusted partner to more than 2000 brands globally. Our success is underpinned by our belief ‘People First, Better Results’ that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but for our clients.
We are currently looking for a Connections Planning Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible in leading your team and managing a set of clients(s) at Mediacom Indonesia, by managing the day to day delivery of both conventional and digital media planning with excellence for the assigned client(s).
Reporting of the role
This role primarily reports to : Media Director/Client Lead
Best things about the job:
- A learning environment with mentorship from within MediaCom Indonesia, MediaCom Regional/Global team & GroupM Indonesia.
- Opportunities to work across local and international client and agency teams.
- You will always be the at the front line in getting and implementation of the latest insight, trend and new media innovation and technology.
- On top of continuing excellence delivery in traditional media, also huge focus on growing the integration with digital planning product including, social, programmatic, performance or e-commerce, search and content.
Measures of success –
In 3 months, you would have:
- Adapted and bonded with the internal team across the agency
- Understood past work and plans to the best of your ability within the category/brand that you will handle
- Understood category and brands objectives and the challenges
- Gained initial client trust and comfort level to drive their business
In 6 months, you would have:
- Drive strategic integrated media plans – including conventional & digital campaigns.
- Search and Content will also be part of your development and excellence delivery to clients
- Shown significant signs of growth potential within MediaCom.
- Work with internal and external partners to create best in class media strategies and tactical plans
- Integrated effectively and in good manner with clients, teams (local/regional/global), vendors and partners
In 12 months, you would have:
- Grown existing client businesses
- Comfortable to drive strategic & tactical innovation across media platforms.
- Be able to act as the next client/strategic lead across the client/brand handled.
Responsibilities of the role:
Besides planning (offline and online), overseeing, and driving operational needs of your clients; you would also be in-charge of being a media consultant to the clients by advising, guiding and shaping your clients’ media work specific to the categories/brands you are handled.
What you will need:
- Minimal Bachelor degree in communication, media or business management.
- At least 5-7 years of working experience that requires strong analytical and strategic thinking and team management. Creative capability is a plus.
- Open minded attitude to accept and embrace agile changes, learning new things, and seeking solutions and improvement
- Experience in - but not limited only to - digital media (social, programmatic, performance, e-commerce, search and content) or marketing/brand management is preferred (or a role that covers above knowledge areas)
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and spoken)
- As to understand and able to operate Nielsen tools is important, but what we prefer to see is how you use the relevant data for your clients.
- Understand marketing and consumer journey and insights terms and how to implement them
- Independent in ways of working.
- Ability to lead and be a team player
- Discipline and have a good time management skill.
- Candidate should be able to present thoughts, plans and ideas in a clear and succinct manner (on a PowerPoint, Excel, or otherwise)
More about Mediacom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
With a population of 260 million, Indonesia is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets in the world. With an increase in consumer disposable income, Indonesia is now firmly on the radar for multi-national companies seeking to invest in emerging markets.
Whilst the Indonesian media landscape is still dominated by terrestrial TV with 65% of all advertising spend, digital media is now poised to go through a period of exponential growth. There are around 170 million internet users in Indonesia and more than 70% of them are accessing the web via mobile. The opportunity to transform a media landscape on such a scale is unprecedented in the APAC region.
We're looking for creative and diligent people to join us on this exciting journey of transformation. We're ready to create impactful solutions for media challenges, shaping the next era of media with our diverse and passionate team.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.