POSTED 17 MAR 2021
Buying, Trading & Investment • Permanent (Full Time)
AV Manager - Implementation
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards. To add to that, MediaCom London was named the Number 1 agency in the world in the 2018 Gunn 100 report. MediaCom UK also recently won Media Agency of the decade for the second time in a row!
We’re looking for an exceptional AV Planner who wants to help us push this further! We need an Implementational Planning Manager who can help lead a dedicated team of media specialist, across all AV channels, including TV, Online Video, Addressable TV, OOH TV, Cinema and Radio for some of the UK’s biggest and most forward-thinking advertisers – PSA, Duracell, Costa, and OnTheMarket.com
Who does the role report into?
This role is to work along-side 4 other Managers, within one of MediaCom’s internal Business Units. Each of the Managers will report to one of 3 Associate Directors in the group and will work together to help run one of the largest AV Planning teams in the agency.
Although PSA, Duracell, Costa, and OnTheMarket.com will be the key clients, we need a Manager who will be able to work collaboratively to develop the team who work across all clients within the group. These include, Vauxhall, Mars Foods, Muller, Akzo Nobel, TUI and Bayer amongst others.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- MediaCom’s strength has always been our people. This team really reflects that. We’re a tight team working to deliver great data-led work to our clients
- A widely varied client base makes for a great place to grow your career as it gives everyone in the team a real breadth of experience
- Unlimited supply of chocolate! (courtesy of Mars)
What are the measures of success?
- You will be an established senior member of the wider Implementation team and an AV expert within the Agency, sharing campaign success and learnings. You will drive improvement in Client Satisfaction scores, audit delivery and commerciality across your patch
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
In three months, you would have:
- Built a strong working relationship with the other AV Planning and Investment Managers, ADs and Directors within the group. This will be key – you will be pivotal in creating the right environment for all our more junior planner-buyers to develop, grow and create great work
- Built strong working relationships with all key stakeholders internally and externally – this includes key client contacts, Comms Planners and Investment Leads within our Business Unit
- Gained a good understanding of the client businesses which you will oversee
- Overseen the delivery of all AV plans and responses on time and without errors
- Have a solid grasp of all the commercial aspects of your role (clients’ businesses and ours)
What will you need?
- To be passionate about all things AV – with a natural curiosity, a drive to develop yourself and your team, particularly in terms of how digital and data can improve the AV planning work we do for our clients
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*