POSTED 15 MAR 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Regular
We are MediaCom. We believe in People First, Better Results. Visit us at www.mediacom.com to learn more.
Data & Audience Strategist
This position works alongside the Performance Director and Data Analyst to accelerate the clients’ data-driven advantage to win the most valuable consumer moments more often. This individual develops robust data-informed adaptive programs, inclusive of advanced targeting tactics, nuanced segmentation, business decision rules, content architectures, consumer website signals, and channels/tactics that best reach the client’s high-value audience.
They will work in tandem with the team’s analytics and performance activation teams to ensure clear, measurable KPIs are established and that the audience strategy is executed across all addressable and programmatic channels and informs any element of other highly agile media channels. To be successful in this team you need to bring a hunger to uncover insights, be data curious, learn and leverage emerging tech, and have a start-up mentality to build this new approach from the ground up.
They will have ongoing support and leadership from GroupM’s Data and Analytics specialty services team and utilize leading partnerships, technology, and innovation across WPP.This individual will act as the client’s integrated subject matter expert on the internal audience and data tools, proprietary technology as well as understand and apply solutions with the client’s existing technology stack to help guide more strategic planning opportunities and activation results.
- Articulate data-driven strategy and planning opportunities, functions, outputs, and applications to a wide range of audiences through ongoing stakeholder meetings, internal discussions, strategy planning sessions, clients, and business reviews.
- Assess available customer data and build recommendations on audience and data strategy, considering and leading action and collaboration regarding the requirements for tagging, owned and/or third-party technology.
- Ability to understand campaign metrics to support diagnoses of campaign performance and provide recommendations for optimizations.
- Grow and maintain relationships across the client’s portfolio/teams through a trusted consultative approach.
- Foresee potential challenges in workflow, deliverables, technology, or application of existing solutions and determine viable solutions and/or escalation processes.
- Work to understand and support the client’s unique approach to performance, precision, or data-led strategy and ensure deliverables are inclusive each.
- Able to work and set goals independently as shifting priorities are presented, seeking support when required on complex problems, utilizing a network of activation, strategy, data, and analytics resources across MediaCom and GroupM.
- Collaborate with internal GroupM Data and Strategy Team, Engineering and Product to help support client required initiatives
Skills and Behaviors:
- Willing to challenge clients and colleagues based on proven case knowledge and experience
- Dedication to becoming an expert in client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status and competition
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Must have a strong background in marketing and advertising with experience optimizing performance across various media channels
- Strong understand of how all media affect each other (digital and offline media), and ability to work collaboratively with other experts to increase overall performance for a client
- Superior written, presentation, and verbal skills – ability to tell a story with data
- High level of analytical and quantitative skills – focus on optimization to drive a maximum volume of outcomes
- Proven capabilities in strategic and conceptual development of promotion programs and brand marketing
- Able to articulate a vision for defining digital consumer insights
- A curious individual who embraces challenges and change
- Ability to deliver outcomes, not just process.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in strategic planning and digital activation, with exposure to, and may include previous personal work on segmentation, audience modeling concepts, consulting, and project management, preferably within the digital marketing space.
- Ad operations experience and exposure is a requirement, Extensive knowledge of ad serving and tagging including third-party ad tags, conversion tracking pixels, container/floodlights, piggybacking, and reporting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the digital landscape and major players in the marketplace from a data, media, and technology standpoint
- Client/customer relationship management experience a key asset.
- Brings and will be encouraged to be a highly critical thinker, with a balance of creativity and analytical skills.
- Ability to create, contribute to, and present presentation-ready collateral.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and accountability for many stakeholders.