POSTED 23 FEB 2021
MediaCom - Account Management/Client Services/Media Planning • Media Planning • Full-Time
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are hiring a Senior Communications Planner in the planning team who ideally has skills/experience in a digital media apart from mainstream media. You will be responsible for crafting and implementing creative & effective communication campaigns, which are grounded in strategy and insights to drive our client’s business ambitions.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- A fun & competitive environment that combines the best of being creative media thinking whilst balancing the little details that matter and at the same time being part of the largest media company in the world.
- Working within a culturally diverse team, servicing some of the top clients in the organization.
- Opportunity to work with regional counterpart from internal and client.
Measures of success
In 3 months :
- Been up to speed with cutting edge proprietary planning tools as well as able to extract & analyze important data; validating our recommendations.
- You would have a pulse of the business category & knowledge of competitive frame.
- Worked on moderate scaled live campaigns.
- Have initiated contact with key media partners and understood the baseline of their offerings particularly digital.
- Connected with internal specialist & external stakeholders units to integrate solutions.
In 6 months:
- Been able to comprehend and apply our proprietary planning framework model in key campaigns.
- You would have landed live; larger scaled campaigns.
- You will have started to build relationships with the key decision makers within the current client portfolio.
- Mastered a flawless media execution process, working alongside various stakeholders.
In 12 months:
- Developed strong category acumen - from a media and business point of view.
- Identify a pipeline of commercially viable solutions to support our clients goals
- Have created & executed a pipeline of exciting business building ideas which could potentially be industry award winning.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Respond to / follow up on clients campaign briefs and requests received, and working alongside the team.
- Orchestrate/support the inputs from the strategy, implementation and specialist teams to develop innovative, business building solutions for clients
- Manage the planning, execution and post mortem of the campaigns briefed in
- Engage with specialist partners to drive commercially viable media solutions
- Build trusted, meaningful relationships with clients, as well as relevant internal & external stakeholders
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM Malaysia, a digitally advanced company, is the largest media group of the market with strong advertising spend in traditional, digital and programmatic media.
The office is the “World in One Place”, with more than 10 nationalities and half of our talent are below the age of 30. You can expect a young, fun and casual work environment! In Malaysia, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.