POSTED 23 FEB 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Regular
About the Team:
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role:
- Manage a small team of analysts, you will be responsible for coaching and developing them, so they maximize their potential.
- Ensure best practice analytics across other MediaCom market teams and departments.
- Solve problems and drive new and innovative working practices as part of regular client work and new business.
- Liaise with markets to get good quality media data.
- Help to develop the tools at both an entry and expert level.
- Produce training materials and help local teams to support themselves (train the trainers).
- Work on global new business so we get the absolute best from these products for our showcase opportunities.
- Support client teams in using and understanding the tools.
- Demonstrate the tool to clients as and when required.
- Help to upsell Business Science projects for bespoke client calibration.
- Lead the community of interest on our Intranet site by stimulating conversations and circulating best practice examples.
- Monitor the usage by country and pro-actively check-in when usage drops.
Your Knowledge & Abilities:
- An understanding and appreciation of marketing, systems planning and the dynamic/diverse nature of how media creates an impact; the impact being a range of business outcomes across the path to purchase e.g. Awareness, web visitors, sales and advocacy.
- 3-5 years’ experience in statistical and econometric analysis, with emphasis in the area of Marketing Mix Analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics or related discipline.
- Graduate degree is preferred.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.