POSTED 11 MAR 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Regular
About the Team:
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role:
You will act as the primary day-to-day execution contact for client deliverables including but not limited to measurement planning, weekly reporting, media and creative testing/analysis, as well as competitive research and analysis.
- Provide on-going analytical support utilizing data management, technology and modeling (such as Market Mix Modeling) to address client issues regarding advertising, media, and new products.
- Analyze data and generate graphics and insights for use in client presentations.
- Utilize econometric modeling to develop simulations/forecasts applied to marketing mix optimization, campaign segmentation, and clients’ goal expectations to support client engagements.
- Manage the retrieving, compiling, and formatting large volumes of data
- Utilize syndicated research tools to retrieve various types of data (macroeconomic, marketing, business, etc.).
- Write and test macros that help automate data/forecasting process using Excel VBA, SQL Server, R
- Build forecasts and budgets based on historical data as part of the planning process
- Act as primary day-to-day contact on insights and analytics to digital and traditional media managers and clients
- Manage project timelines and deliverable schedules and share concerns about deliverables, timelines, and issues with project managers and directors
- Mentor analysts on the projects to ensure excellence and professional development
Your Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Data Visualization experience (Tableau, Power BI, Domo, etc.) strongly preferred
- Expert in at least one: SQL/R/Python for data manipulation and modeling
- Knowledge of media industry research tools including MRI, Media Metrix, Nielsen, etc. is a plus
- Must take initiative and create opportunities
- Must be able to work on large analytical projects
- Comprehensive understanding of metrics: Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (LTV, ROI, etc.), Statistics (Correlations, sample sizing, etc.)
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Experience in mentoring team members
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- B.S. degree or higher in quantitative field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.