POSTED 29 JAN 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Regular
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Contribute strategic thinking to client businesses and MediaCom processes and outputs.
- Develop insights and inputs into the client business challenges and agency deliverables
- Develop strategies that prioritize objectives and channel deliverables
- Ensure integration of thinking and monitor effectiveness of approach
An integral and supporting member on media strategy, product and campaign management. They are fully embedded on each client team and are involved from the earliest stages of the planning process through campaign execution and measurement. They will interface with mid-level executives at our clients as well as the full team at MediaCom.
- Contributes significantly to the development of communications strategies that activate consumer insights, drive innovation for clients and provide structure for brand channel presence/priorities
- Exhibits understanding and actively contributes strategic input/product into the total channel planning process
- Distills client briefs and translates them into an insights-led media strategy and communication brief with clear media objectives
- Works collaboratively with Insights team to analyze client business situation and identify key objectives for communications
- Build target profiles that illustrate behavioral and psychographic motivations. Go beyond demographic and statistical listings to deliver insightful illustration on target habits, preferences, and channel behaviors
- Supports development of and identifies key roles for media; helps to define how media should complement and connect with other marketing activities
- Identifies areas for continuous innovation of the agency’s product ensuring the use of strategy & insights in a coordinated manner working towards the same goals
- Has a stakeholder role in product and process innovation, including briefs, workshops, channel planning work sessions, and other team collaborations to enhance how we use communications to help our clients’ business deliverables
- Works closely with Planners to ensure that strategy is followed-through to execution
- Partners with Ideas & Planning team throughout the plan build, ensuring that the strategy is inspiring and actionable.
- Assists in the development of plan presentations with Ideas & Planning team
- Works in partnership with Accountability & Performance group to ensure appropriate measurement plans are in place and executed flawlessly
- Collaborates with partner agencies to integrate messaging and creative campaigns into overall media/communications plans
- Maintains a pipeline of creative stimulus to be injected into the agency to challenge, push, and generate more inspiring thinking and execution
- Develops strategic intelligence via keeping abreast of industry developments, macro and consumer trends, technology (tablet, other tech devices), etc.
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Fosters collaboration between teams across internal business units, markets, regions and disciplines, creating a learning culture
- Participate in the development, mentoring, and retention of staff members under their management/within sphere of influence
- Train junior strategy team members on the usage and applications of tools and resources to gather intelligence and inform insights
- Share lessons learned with the team and hold open discussion on potential impact on client programs
- Lead and manage assigned aspects of client relationship
- Organize and lead in-person client meetings and conference calls, incorporating staff where needed
- Work with management to develop project plans and deliverable timelines, ensuring the team is delivering on schedule
- Completion and delivery of performance reviews by HR determined deadlines
- Provide support to Director in creating positive team environment
YOUR SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Superior communication skills - written & presentation, articulate in dialogue
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, ability to resolve conflicts
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Resilience, smart and creative thinking & an innovative outlook
- Influence and persuasive skills, collaborative and able to work well with a variety of disciplines and personality types
- Strong knowledge of client’s business, competition, and latest industry news and trends
- Understanding of the principles of media and able to think across the whole media mix, marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Understanding of media data sources and research tools in terms of what is measured, the method and information reported
- Detail oriented, resourceful & self-motivated. Ability to manage multiple projects and requests from numerous groups
- Ability to build relationships with both client and MediaCom teams
- Show appropriate time management skills, including self-initiation in down times and completion of projects on time
- Active/passionate interest in advertising/media strategy, technology, popular culture, current events and their subsequent impact on business
- Actively contributes to company initiatives, processes and roll-outs
- 5+ years overall industry experience, at least 1-2 in strategic capacity
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom