POSTED 22 FEB 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Regular
The Media Operations Specialist is part of the overall Media Operations team, which is the liaison between the clients, agency leads (Operations, Planning and Buying) and third-party auditors. The Media Operations Specialist supports to ensure that the overall client objectives are met and are effectively communicated amongst the various teams working on a particular business.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Media Planning and Strategy, Media Buying, Account Management, and the agency environment
- Work closely with the main agency teams lead to deliver the audit requirements
- Involved in all communication across the portfolio to ensure the client’s needs/optimizations are fully met
- Interact daily with both Planning and Investment teams
- Responsible for implementing agency-wide templates such as budget roll-ups, billing, PO tracking, etc.
- On-board new clients to ensure a seamless transition from previous agency
- Monitor current clients to ensure timely reporting and reconciliation
- Ensure that each department (planning, buying, etc.) is streamlined to effectively meet client timelines
- Assist in Media Client Audits
- Other responsibilities as assigned
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Process-driven, operational role-model with a customer-centric attitude
- Team player who motivates others and encourages close collaboration
- Proven ability to manage workload in a highly pressured environment
- Adept at prioritisation, organisation, multi-tasking, time management and project management
- Aptitude to document operational best practice across the agency
- Strong accountability to meet deadlines
- Good at problem solving – with the ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Able to train others and encourage knowledge sharing across team
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Competent in Excel and data analysis
- Strong communication style, with the ability to utilise this to manage stakeholder expectations
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Must have the ability and desire to help lead, and a willingness to work with and teach others within the group
- Inspire while leading by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching team members as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as those outside the immediate team
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and analytic skills
- Proficiency with Excel skills, including Pivot Tables
- Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Strong numbers focus
- Thorough understanding of media, advertising, and marketing
- Capacity to anticipate the client needs
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years related experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.