POSTED 01 MAR 2021
MediaCom - Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Media Planning • Full-Time
MediaCom, the largest media agency in the country handling blue chip accounts such as Procter and Gamble Philippines, Unilab, Inc., Jollibee Foods Corp., Monde Nissin among others, is looking for talented and passionate individuals who would like to establish a career in Media by joining the agency as Media Planner.
In this role, he will be responsible for the development, negotiation, implementation, and monitoring of optimized monthly media schedules of brands which are generated with the use of Mediacom’s proprietary system. He will work closely with the media manager in developing recommendations and in managing the media investments of brands assigned to him.
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure to best-in-class planning, trading and negotiation approaches
- Opportunity to handle the country’s top companies and brands
- Being part of an organization that promotes excellence through mentoring and talent development programs while maintaining an environment of fun and camaraderie
Measures of Success:
In 3 to 6 months you should have:
- Mastered the use/application of planning and buying tools (both industry and proprietary) to ensure accurate and efficient media plan preparation and implementation for the brands assigned to you.
- Established a clear understanding of the local media landscape, the client’s business and the reports that need to be submitted on a regular basis.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
A Media Planner handles specific brands and performs the following tasks:
- Primarily responsible for the development and implementation of optimized monthly media schedules aligned with client-approved campaign targets
- Utilizes media planning and buying tools (both industry and proprietary) in the development and implementation of monthly media schedules
- Manages day to day coordination and campaign level negotiation with media partners
- Handles management of media assets and maintains close coordination with client and creative agency on the timely delivery of materials for implementation
- Delivers accurate and timely tracking reports, which includes but not limited to: post campaign reports, spending reports, value measurement, etc
What you'll bring:
- Strong analytical and number skills
- Passion for learning and openness to new challenges
- Project management skills, good at multi-tasking and organization
- Self-starter attitude
- Team player mindset
- Time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and a can-do/positive attitude.
- High level of accountability and integrity.
Graduate of a Business, Marketing or Research-related course: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing Management, Advertising, Economics, Communication Research, Communication Arts, etc.
- Fresh Graduate or 1-2 years work experience in a related field ie. marketing, advertising, research.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers, and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders, and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information,visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth. It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years.
With a population of 109.5 million, 59.2% of these currently have access to the internet. By 2022, the Philippines' internet population is forecasted to be 73%. Coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint, GroupM Philippines is well-positioned as an exciting and innovative organization for media players and talent to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.