POSTED 15 JAN 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Regular
About the Role:
The Dell Strategy Group is seeking a Global Strategy Associate Director – Comms Planning to join our dynamic team. This person will lead the consumer and small business global comms strategies and would be responsible to deliver the annual scope by working and collaborating with expertise functions within Dell Global team, market teams, partner agencies as well as external partners. Reporting to the Senior Partner, Global Strategy Director, this individual will play an integral role in shaping the strategies driving Dell’s business around the world.
- Lead the strategic brand planning and comms framework process for Dell consumer and small business.
- Identify the real problems to solve by using research and data, work with teams across the agency to develop the right solutions.
- Envision and design orchestrated systems of brand communications; collaborating with market teams, expert functions and WPP partner agencies to bring modern communication architectures to life
- Develop comms frameworks and comms strategies for clients based on audience buying journey insights, internal and external stakeholder input, competitive analysis, past campaign performance insights and market trends analysis.
- Write presentations that tell strategic stories in compelling ways and present with confidence.
- Work with marketing effectiveness expert team to create relevant measurement approaches to evaluate the effectiveness of strategies.
- Own the ongoing processes to ensure the Dell team remains fully informed of market, competitor and customer activity that may impact on a client’s business.
- Pro-actively and consistently identify new deliverable/ideas that generate value for both clients and the agency.
- 6+ years’ experience in strategic communication planning – preferably in a media agency, handling large consumer focused clients
- Solid skills in core areas of business and brand strategy, insights and research, media and communications planning, customer journeys, comms framework and measurements
- Experience stewarding the development of comms and media strategies in partnership with agencies, cross-functional teammates and outside partners
- Demonstrate a sense of personal accountability for work and larger outcomes for project, team, agency and client
- Demonstrate a proactive and adaptable approach to getting the job done
- A curiosity about the way that businesses and brands work, plugged into culture, learns about and applies new technology/digital ideas to their thinking bringing new observations and insights into the agency,
- A positive presence in every room, seeking collaboration opportunities along the way
- Organized and detail-oriented; quick and enthusiastic learner; proactive; personable
- Comfortable working on a small, dynamic, flexible team
- Global experience a plus
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.