POSTED 18 DEC 2020
MediaCom - Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Media Planning • Full-Time
MediaCom South Korea
Overview of job
As the Senior Planning Manager, you will be dedicated to servicing the global client, including communication plan development and account management in general. Your primary responsibility will be to gain the trust from clients and manage projects broadly, as well as supporting clients as demand requires. Your secondary emphasis will be on forthcoming new business for Mediacom on demands.
Media Planning: Around 5~8 years experiences in Media, fluent Korean and English (intermediate level) is required.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Media Planning Director and Head of Mediacom Korea.
3 best things about the job:
1. This position gets to make impactful contributions on the most sophisticated media planning company which is leading a trend across online and offline in the new technologies.
- International environment of young, hungry, and motivated marketing professionals.
- You’ll be working closely with multiple stakeholders within the GroupM network, giving you exposure to both client-side and Group-side regional leadership
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Been brought up to speed on Mediacom servicing processes and best practices – you will be ready to face the world’s largest client with confidence.
- Been exposed to all related stakeholders, and you will start managing off/online media planning process against briefs from the designated client
- Been satisfactorily commented by internally and externally that you’re well on-boarded.
In six months:
- Stood as the dedicated media planning manager for the client.
- Begun to develop an incremental business pipeline for your clients.
In 12 months:
- Successfully serviced your respective client engagements, earning client compliment to another projects' worth of agency retainership
- Built out your incremental business pipeline with additional Mediacom/GroupM products and service offerings
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Lead to develop a holistic media strategy that specify which forms of media will be used to effectively reach the target audience and generate client’s sales, including emerging media tactics and media KPIs
- Work with the trading team and/or digital buyers to bring the plan to life with the effective, efficient buying schemes to ensure all buys and placements fit the overall strategy to deliver outcome
- Tightly monitor & optimize campaigns to deliver the KPIs
- Deliver post-buys & end-of-campaign reviews on a regular basis
- Collaborate with creative agencies to develop effective creative asset that can result in the highest media performance based on previous learnings
- Maintain budget updates
- Report on the competitive landscape
- Billing reconciliation
What you’ll bring:
- Solid knowledge on Korea media landscape and media planning (mainly offline, but experience with digital is a plus)
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with consideration to company/client objectives
- Project management: ability to manage multiple projects across critical yet often fluctuating deadlines
- Positive attitude and confidence to drive clients to the right direction based on media expertise
- Intermediate MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Korean
- Intermediate written communication skills in English (all documents should be written in English)
- Experience in offline planning or buying and communicating with buyers/publishers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
About South Korea
GroupM Korea is the leading global media investment management operation in Korea. Our primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. At GroupM Korea, we embrace creativity and ideas as we embark on an exciting journey towards growth!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.