POSTED 05 MAR 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Permanent (Full Time)
Senior Media Planner/Buyer
Department / Team
Business and Technology, EMEA
MediaCom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare, and others. Within these companies we have the largest digital operations around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor.
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
The Client - Dell CSB
MediaCom runs the Dell account globally, with our HQ in NY and client teams covering all regions, EMEA, APAC, LATAM and NA. It is a top 3 account for MediaCom globally and as such is prestigious and well-regarded internally.
We provide end-to-end services for Dell, from strategy to planning to buying across all media, plus content strategy, partnership execution and a great deal of performance analysis. This is a truly integrated account.
Dell is split into two businesses, Dell EMC (large corporate IT solutions) and Dell CSB (Consumer, Gaming (Inc Alienware) and Small Business laptops and solutions).
This role is for Dell CSB France
Dell CSB target three audience groups; Young Metropolitans (young, tech savvy urban consumers), Gamers (hardcore or occasional) and Small Businesses IT decision makers and business decision makers.
Each audience requires insight into customer behaviour, strong strategic development and broad media solutions.
We are the Dell CSB EMEA Planning team. We plan the media campaigns for Dell Consumer, Small Business, Gaming and Alienware.
The team is comprised of a Business Director, Associate Director, Media Manager, Senior Planner/Buyer, Planner/buyer and two Media Executives. We are the client facing team who also handle the digital display planning for our client. We coordinate with the Social, Search, Affiliates and local offline Mediacom teams to deliver cross-channel media campaigns.
The Senior Planner/Buyer is responsible for day-to-day planning and activation of campaigns, managing the output and development of Planner/Buyer and Media Executives.
The Planner/Buyer will:
- Work with Media Manager to translate strategy and comms plan into media selection.
- Analyse available data to forecast future performance.
- Select and meet media owners to discuss the brief and generate relevant and innovative ideas.
- Work with media owners and ensure responses are on time, and to brief.
- Lead negotiation of media pricing.
- Create media plans within planning templates and manage booking upon client approval.
- Manage operational execution in appropriate systems e.g. Conversant and Doubleverify.
- Manage team Media Executive regarding liaison with Ad Ops and Analytics teams around tracking requirements for new campaigns.
- Oversee the monitoring and optimisation of day-to-day performance of live campaigns.
- Lead the production of competitive analysis, audience profiling and market trends.
- Take the lead role in calls and meetings with clients and publishers discussing performance and future strategies
- Collaborate with specialist teams to ensure they meet deadlines and produce actionable insight during weekly results calls.
- Provide Planner Buyer with guidance on MediaCom and Dell internal processes.
- Manage the career development of the Planner/Buyer and execs within the team.
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
- Strong experience in planning and buying media.
- Passion for media and hunger to learn more.
- Very numerate and analytical.
- Team player and winning can-do attitude.
- Interest in the technology industry.
- Demonstrate a good competency of using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- High attention to detail.
- Efficient and organised working style; able to handle multiple projects at once and effectively manage own time and the priorities of others.
- Technically minded yet service-industry-suited with the potential to develop into client leadership roles.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with excellent written and verbal English language skills/grammar.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom.*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom