02 JUN 2021
When it comes to data privacy, too many people are still asking what and how much they can get away with, when they should be asking – “What are the consequences?” when things go wrong. Those that take a more human and longer-term view will surely be the winners.
As part of WPP’s Personalisation V Privacy masterclass, MediaCom UK Strategy Director Katy Harkness presented five steps to consider in order to move your thinking towards a bigger picture mindset:
- Take control – the future of your brand sits with your ownership of first party data
- Create a virtuous trust loop – unite conversations about data privacy with those about brand trust to protect both short and long-term performance
- Be transparent – move ahead of the curve in your leadership style through transparency of your brand’s data privacy approach
- Make it worthwhile – Be deliberate about the benefits people will get from exchanging data as well as the benefits to the brand
- Exceed expectations – Stopping at meeting the legal requirements isn’t the right side of the leadership fence – and this is what we mean when we talk about seeing the bigger picture.
For more on these points, and to hear Katy’s full talk, watch the video below.