25 MAR 2020
4 MIN READ
I know some people like working from home, that’s not me. I like the noise, the chat and the interaction that I get every day in the office so the thought of working from home for the foreseeable future had me worried. However, what I have discovered very quickly is that, whilst I am technically on my own in the house, I am far from being alone.
Technology now means that I can see and interact with my colleagues and clients as and when I need to. Video calling has become my new ‘face to face’ (although it does mean I have to still put my make-up on, nobody should be subjected to the sight of me make-up free!). But there are so many other things that people are doing to keep people connected and help with everyone’s mental health which is vitally important at the moment.
I have listed below a few things that we have done as an agency, some are for work and some are for fun. I hope that you find some of them useful or inspiring;
- Last Friday, we hosted all agency drinks for Laura’s leaving do as a video conference – Great turn out and a cheap round for all 😉
- We hosted a mindfulness session with our Mental Health Ally on Teams to share top tips and any concerns that people have about the current situation
- We have converted all our training onto an online virtual classroom to ensure no disruption to people’s development
- We are hosting twice-weekly short meditation sessions online to de-stress
- Some of my colleagues have discovered they can play Pac-Man with each other when they are in the same document on Teams. You don’t have to do this but I suggest you try it for sheer fun!
- We have introduced a 15 minute all agency check-ins at 9.30 am so everyone can say good morning to each other and discuss the day ahead
- We have created an all agency sheet with suggestions for Netflix series, books, films and podcasts to help with any boredom setting in
Would be great to hear from any of you with anything you are doing as well, the more the merrier at the moment.
We are going to be hosting a game of virtual Bingo on Friday afternoon at 4pm and everyone is welcome to join. If you would like to take part please speak to your account team who will make sure you receive an invite. With real prizes up for grabs, it should be a good one!
In the meantime, if any of you need anything from us or just want to talk then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Look after yourselves and stay safe.