POSTED 26 FEB. 2021
Finance & Commercial • Permanent (Full Time)
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and well organised Client Finance Analyst with strong attention to detail to manage the finance processes of some of our largest clients. You will work with a number of people within the finance team while taking ownership of multi-million pound budgets.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working with other WPP agencies to ensure all billing and reporting requirements are fulfilled,
- Oversee supplier chain financing process on client billings and raise interest invoices as required
- Manage reconciliation of intercompany activity
- Management and maintenance of the BNP tracker including Balance sheet control
- BNP payment returns and ensuring MediaCom are operating with the overall and subset credit limits for BNP to ensure timely MediaCom payment
- Prepare timesheet analysis as and when requested
- Accurately update forecasts in line with SOW
This is a well-rounded role, covering a wide variety of finance areas, and requires strong reporting, commercial, analytical and communication skills.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Commercial Finance Manager
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- You’ll be part of the Finance Team within the largest media agency in the UK, providing you with a holistic view of how large media organisations operate commercially
- Opportunities to improve processes and participate on various projects to broaden overall knowledge
- The role is within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment meaning no two days are the same
What are the measures of success?
- To autonomously manage the end to end process of key clients and provide accurate and insightful information to senior stakeholders
- To work effectively with others across the business
- Development of processes to improve efficiency
What will you need?
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified, or Qualified by Experience
- DDS/Media Ocean knowledge advantageous
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to handle large volumes of data
- Strong communication skills and to work with a variety of stakeholders providing effective timely updates
- General commercial understanding to identify the business implications of finance situations
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*