POSTED 18 FEB. 2021
Finance & Commercial • FTC (Full Time)
Client Finance Operations Executive
We are looking for a tenacious Client Finance Operations Executive to join our team and help ensure correct working practices across several business units with a variety of clients.
It’s a key role within the finance team and has a supporting profile within the agency. Responsibilities include the ongoing improvement in all aspects of business processes, including the review, implementation, and improvement of best practice for our clients, as well as supporting the Senior Client Finance Analyst. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to; weekly/monthly reporting of key analytical data across the business, client and supplier query resolution, point of contact for client teams and any queries they may have and the establishment and implementation of new ways of working.
This will be achieved by working with key stakeholders such as clients, client account teams, our commercial team and shared service centre to drive this forward.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Senior CFA.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Raising business awareness of financial importance and the ability to make a difference.
- Exposure to the wider business to include key stakeholders.
- Working within a tangible, results based business, allowing individuals to identify their direct impact linked to progression.
What are the measures of success?
- You are an established member of the whole Finance team, sharing understandings with the wider agency teams.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Developed a good understanding of all the key drivers of agency working capital and the ability to explain this to a non-financial person.
- Support/ownership of key project(s) to include active coordination with SCFA, driving overall business improvement.
- Have a full understanding of Business Unit clients and the way they work.
- A full understanding of aged unbilled/debtor queries, including the ownership of weekly reporting requirements.
What will you need?
- Industry experience and knowledge of media systems an asset.
- Ability to prioritise and work towards multiple deadlines.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and confident to make decisions.
- The ability to communicate with numerous stakeholders including clients and senior members of staff.
- Attention to detail with an ability to solve problems.
- Basic NWC knowledge and strong analytical skills.
- Works productively in a highly pressurised environment.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Understand the importance of prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Team player.
- Flexible approach to role and requirements.
- Confident attitude & good workshop/presentational delivery skills.
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*