POSTED 25 JAN. 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Head of Strategy, Digital Analytics
We’re looking for a Head of Strategy, Digital Analytics, to join our team and help deliver a step-change in the utilisation of digital analytics within the agency. In this role you will work with some of the UK’s leading businesses, including Sky, Lloyds Banking Group, Tesco, Mars and Adidas.
As Head of Strategy, Digital Analytics, you will be responsible for ensuring MediaCom is viewed by our clients and the industry as being at the forefront of implementation, utilisation and operation of digital analytics, delivering cutting-edge, future proofed solutions and consultation that delivers significant performance improvements for clients as well as incremental revenue opportunities for MediaCom.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports to the Head of Data, Technology and Analytics Strategy, within the newly formed Systems Intelligence Unit.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- As a newly created role you will play a significant part in creating the direction, as well as scoping the services and solutions, that the UK’s biggest media agency takes in how it utilises digital analytics on behalf of our clients
- You will be able to work with some of the UK’s largest businesses, creating cutting-edge and award-winning solutions as well as developing deep partnerships with key analytics partners in the marketplace
- No day being the same. A huge variety of business challenges and questions that will need solving
What are the measures of success?
- Established as a senior member of the wider Systems Intelligence Unit and a key member of the Data, Technology and Analytics Strategy community within MediaCom, including our newly formed Google Marketing Practice and Creative Systems teams. You will be viewed as the agencies go-to person on all thing’s digital analytics. Key platform knowledge includes, but not limited to, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google CCP and new entrants such as Data Clean Rooms.
- Lead a community of digital analysts within the business. Whilst there are no direct reports associated with this role there will be dotted-line management to several digital analysts that exist within the agencies seven Business Groups.
- Deliver thought-leadership on major industry developments, including, platform updates, product updates and competitor activity. Be able to speak confidentially both internally and externally about new developments and translate succinctly and in simple terms what this means for us and our clients.
- Create agency best practice around our utilisation of capabilities and features of digital analytics, increase adoption and knowledge of how digital analytics can fuel insight, analytics and activation opportunities for our teams and key clients
- Create a menu of services that we can package and offer to clients around digital analytics – delivering incremental revenue streams for MediaCom. Key services will include Google Analytics Implementation, Visualisation and reporting, advanced measurement and analytics projects and client training programmes.
- Work with key clients to consult, implement and assist with key decisions and workstreams around digital analytics
- Align and work closely with key teams and individuals within the WPP and GroupM network to develop synergies and working practices, such as out-sourcing complex implementation projects or onboarding new analytics products into MediaCom from sister-agencies
- Build close relationship with key stakeholders at our analytics partners to develop roadmap maturity plans, ensuring MediaCom is front-of-mind for new capabilities as well as unlocking access to Alphas/Betas and additional resource support
- Work with our MediaCom North team and Google Marketing Practice to ensure MediaCom becomes a Google Certified partner by the end of June 2021
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Established yourself as the go-to person for digital analytics within the agency, building close relationships with senior Systems Intelligence individuals as well as key business group leads and other specialist functions
- Reviewed the use of digital analytics across the agencies client roster and identified gaps and opportunities with the Top 10 clients. You will be able to discuss with clients how MediaCom can support their requirements through a 12-month roadmap
- Built up an initial relationship with key MediaCom, GroupM and WPP stakeholders and become an active member of the wider data, technology and analytics community
- Established relationships with key analytics partners and started to develop a 12-month roadmap about how MediaCom can better adopt and use digital analytics
- Be able to present back your own 12-month roadmap for how MediaCom should be delivering industry-leading digital analytics solutions and be viewed by the industry as at the forefront of how we use digital analytics.
- Most importantly, build a rapport with your key colleagues, learned lots and had fun.
What will you need?
- To be passionate about all things digital, data and technology with a deep understanding of the digital landscape and industry trends
- Expert knowledge of Digital Analytics, with a key focus on Google and Adobe
- Have an inquisitive and keen-to-learn attitude.
- Strong client services skills and project management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate creative and innovative solutions to problems and challenges posed
- Substantive, authoritative and credible – someone who will be able to quickly influence senior colleagues, clients and partner agency people
- You can roll up your sleeves and dive into the details where required
- You are intellectually and interpersonally adaptive; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow
- You are enthusiastic, a team player, ambitious and eager to make an impact
- Ideally, 8+ years practical experience of working with digital analytics, including hands-on experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of working with 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data including CRM is a distinct advantage
- Expert knowledge of how data should be used with regards to addressable media activation and analytics: CDP/DMP to DSP match rates, audience seeds & segments, MTA etc is a distinct advantage
About Systems Intelligence
Our System’s Intelligence Unit is crucial for our client’s success by delivering a data-driven approach to media strategy, planning & activation with an emphasis on accountability and innovation. This unit also empowers & guides the wider MediaCom network on their own transformative data journey. In the UK, we are a team of 85 specialists across a broad range of skillsets and disciplines including Audience Intelligence, Allocation Intelligence, Attribution Intelligence and Activation Intelligence, underpinned by our Systems Technology team.
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*