POSTED 17 FEB. 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Maternity Cover
We are looking for a Digital Manager to join our team, working across eBay, Centrica and Coca-Cola.
The Digital Manager will be responsible for our clients digital activation via Display and Online Video. The manager will also be expected to collaborate and build knowledge across their PPC, SEO, Paid Social and Tech skillset. The role will report to the Digital Associate Director with a dotted line to the Digital Director.
The manager should have an excellent knowledge of the UK digital landscape and be well versed in planning / buying digital media across both DR and Brand. You should have strong communication and project management skills. You will also work closely with other media specialists to deliver integrated, 360 plans, often taking the lead in developing the connected system using digital to link other media channels as well as understanding how other media plans fit in the system. The Manager will be responsible for delivering best in class digital work as well as the output of a team of planners and execs.
The manager should also have an appetite to learn more about comms planning and a data-led approach to audiences and activation.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Digital Associate Director.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Working across some of the largest brands in the industry at a time of great digital transformation.
- Opportunity to learn more about comms planning, data strategy as well as collaborating closely with creative, PR and CRM teams as part of team nucleus
- Surrounded by a brilliant – and fun - team of experts
What are the measures of success?
- You will build on our already excellent relationship with our digital clients.
- Working closely with the Associate Director/Director/BD on the day to day digital and planning output across all departments in MediaCom for your clients, taking ownership of this
- Developing strong commercial acumen and an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, that translate in the way you execute digital strategy and campaigns
- Full understanding of the role digital plays in the overall client business and what your role can do to help maximise the effectiveness
- Developing your knowledge of all digital channels including programmatic, PPP, social and SEO.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Be competent in managing your own workload as well as your team’s workload
- Understand how your new role fits into the team
- Built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. They will see you as a reliable and trusted digital advisor
- Showcased exceptional project management skills through the delivery of multiple campaigns
- Servicing and responding to designated clients’ ongoing daily requirements
- Be able to support junior members of the team in the production and presentation of weekly campaign reporting calls and PCAs, assess and comment on the performance of our campaigns and recommend improvements to drive efficiencies
What will you need?
- Excel at time management
- Have the ability to multi-task and organisation skills
- Own meetings and conference calls with internal teams and clients
- Be a self-starter, and won’t be afraid to challenge the client or ask them questions
- Prioritise workload, making sure the most urgent things are completed first
- Develop relationships with day to day clients and internally with other departments
- Work closely with the Associate Director/ Director and BD on the day to day digital output for your clients (working with all departments across the company)
- Understand the role of all digital channels within your plans
- Present responses to briefs
- Develop a good understanding of the clients’ businesses and competitive set
- Be reactive, and able to accommodate last minute client requests
- Drive innovation and education
- Build and maintain key relationships with priority and preferred media owners/ technology partners
- Understand commercial pressures and have a full understanding of the role of investment within your planning and buying
- Work with Comms team to integrate digital into ATL
- Control quality of output from the team
- Have the ability to delegate, up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments and to be able to sell strategies, initiatives and ideas convincingly
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and negative) to the team on a regular basis
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*