POSTED 01 MARS 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Regular
The Media Supervisor is responsible for managing all day-to-day media planning/client service activities associated with an assigned account. You will provide media planning recommendations across all channels and offers resourceful problem solving, both internally and externally, while developing and maintaining strong client relationships. You will oversee preparation of media plans and other deliverables and supervise media plan implementation. Experience with local and/or digital campaigns as well as handling simultaneous projects at the same time will set you up well for this role.
- Serve as key contact for client service, planning, project management, and delivering plans to the client
- Develop (in partnership with Investment Teams), execute, and present media plans from inception to completion
- Lead client requests/process (such as plan changes, budget changes, marketplace information)
- Manage Sr Planners and AMPs, and the media team activities
- Maintain campaign tracker and status reports to ensure efficient workflow to meet deadlines
- Lead the budget and client billing process to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for media knowledge relevant to client’s business, first tier (Digital across all tactics such as Display, Video, Programmatic, Search, Social) and Local (Audio and OOH). Second tier channels are TV and Print.
- Continually seek an audience-focused, consumer-centric view in all strategic thinking
- Build a comprehensive media knowledge base and synthesize information into ideas
- Coordinate with internal partners to create a holistic view of the business
- Liaise with our Global colleagues on this account for key projects such as Competitive, etc.
- Magnify the buying power of every dollar spent
- Other responsibilities as assigned
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as those outside the team
- Lead by example while motivating and coaching a team comprised of Planners and Assistants
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate team members
- Foster a good working relationship across all client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Manage up with AD and GAD when it comes to priority projects and personal development objectives for the entire team and their fulfillment
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive media knowledge base and ability to synthesize information into ideas
- Ownership of presenting plans both internally and externally
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong negotiating skills and excellent attention to detail
- Use of appropriate 3rd party tools to research and develop plan recommendations
- Strong relationship-building skills which include maintaining positive client relationships
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills, including math proficiency
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency, particularly with media systems and Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Complete knowledge of all digital Media, Search, SEO, SEM, Mobile, etc.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Solid understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- 4+ years related experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.