POSTED 29 JAN. 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Systems Intelligence Lead
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced marketing effectiveness and data practitioner to play a leading role in MediaCom’s transformative data journey. The successful candidate will be a member of both the Lloyds Banking Group team and the wider Systems Intelligence community.
Systems Intelligence houses all of the data, effectiveness, insight and technology specialists within MediaCom. The team has one purpose – to ensure the best use of data within media planning.
Our System’s Intelligence team is crucial for our client’s success by delivering a data-driven approach to media strategy, planning and activation with an emphasis on accountability and innovation. This unit also empowers & guides the wider MediaCom network on their own transformative data journey.
We are looking for a Systems Intelligence Lead to run a multi-discipline data, technology analytics and insight unit within Business Unit 7, responsible for Lloyds Banking Group.
You will be responsible for ensuring Lloyds Banking Group deliver on their ambition of delivering World Class Marketing effectiveness. This will be delivered through pioneering use and application of their first party data, best in class marketing effectiveness techniques and deep audience insight and research.
You will work closely with the leads of media strategy, planning & activation teams to ensure every element of LBG’s communications system is fuelled by industry leading data & insight as well as well as being an active part of our central Systems Intelligence Unit.
Key areas of focus:
• Creation and execution of a future facing, privacy first data and tech roadmap
• POVs on current industry trends, providers, platforms and data regulations; updating the roadmap if relevant
• Build and inspire a motivated team of data, tech and analytics specialists and manage their delivery schedule for the coming year(s)
• Putting in place and governing processes within the wider team to enable continuous delivery of data infused and tech optimised solutions
• Driving learning agenda through building and embedding measurement and testing frameworks
• Work with MediaCom client-account leadership to engage client(s) on all matters data related and become a trusted advisor to the client and account team on this topic
• Gain a deep understanding of the client’s media, marketing & business challenges and identify how Mediacom’s Intelligence services & products can help address these
• Present proposals for future work to a variety of client audiences including technical, creative and c-suite teams
• Refine and customise MediaCom Intelligence products & services for successful application to LBG
• Create and conduct training sessions to ensure our data driven consumer insight, media planning, activation, and measurement services are being used appropriately and sufficiently widely to have concrete impact on operations
Who does the role report into?
You will report into Mark Wallace, Managing Partner, with a line into central head of Systems Intelligence.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Working with one of the largest and richest 1st Party data sets in the UK
- Part of one of the most awarded marketing/media teams (the most shortlisted client at MediaCom in 2020)
- Leading a multi-discipline team of audience, technology and data experts
What are the measures of success?
- Creation & delivery of an innovative data, tech and insight roadmap for LBG
- Data fuelled campaigns (on and offline channels) as standard across all campaigns
- Stable and correct delivery of reporting data flows to LBG
- Delivery of revenue targets through identification and delivery of additional products and services.
- Award wins in key industry data, insight & research awards
- Up to date measurement framework for all campaigns and channels
- Protocols and processes in place across the wider LBG MediaCom team to ensure ethical and legal use of data throughout the campaign process
- Work with MediaCom account leadership to promote the awareness, application, and value perception of our work by client personnel across all relevant organizational levels
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Built a strong working relationship with your team, establishing clear KPIs and training programmes for all
- Able to articulate the areas of opportunity and improvement in the team and for LBG
- Met with and know objectives of all the relevant heads within LBG’s Analytics and Insight department
- Present your view on a 12 month vision and roadmap for data, tech and analytics projects that can be presented both internally and to the clients
- Established as a key member of MediaCom’s Systems Intelligence community
What will you need?
- Extensive, practical experience of media audience insights, measurement, media analytics, or strategic media planning.
- A multi-disciplinary skill set. Deep knowledge of at least one and a good knowledge of the other following areas: Digital platforms and associated data, overall digital infrastructure, analytics/statistics, market research, CRM,
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing multi-disciplinary teams
- A data and tech ‘translator’ with the ability to ‘translate’ technical capability into practical strategies and consultative sale proposals
- Experience at delivering innovative solutions that deliver a tangible business impact
- The ability to quickly influence senior colleagues, clients and partner agency people
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*