POSTED 29 JAN. 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Regular
Job Title: Director
Department / Team: Integrated Planning
The Media Planning Director acts as the day-to-day liaison between the client and media community providing leadership, strategic direction and input for media plans. You will effectively leverage experience, knowledge of the client’s business and media skills to push innovative thinking and set challenging team goals and objectives, balancing client, company, and team needs and priorities.
- Client lead for Cartier brand across all channels and almost all services that MediaCom offers
- Manage team of 10 staffers across strategy, offline / digital planning, e-comm (search and social) and analytics
- Manage client relationship with 5+ client team members
- Work with the strategy team to uncover opportunities for Cartier from content and investment perspective
- Content: develop new-to-market ideas with creative systems team
- Investment: Utilize analytics team to advise client on level of investment across the Cartier collections, funnel tactics and channels
- Lead planning process for the brand and each collection
- Requires understanding of SOG (source of growth) audience analysis using IPSOS (luxury audience survey database), channel allocation using mediacom internal tool (i.e. systems planner), competitive landscape using Kantar and Pathmatics, and an understanding of how mix modeling can be used for planning process (budgets allocation between collections, budget allocation across funnel tactics, budget allocation between channels)
- Advise client about digital audience buying and advance Cartier in the programmatic buying space
- How to utilize 1st party data (CRM or web traffic data) to inform our programmatic buying strategy
- Knowledge of digital buying process
- Assets/Trafficking, ad ops and buying and invoicing process (Prisma, Bangle, etc.)
- Knowledge of offline (print and OOH)
- Strong knowledge of print publications from both a national and local perspective
- Familiarity of the OOH landscape and planning
- Advise client on optimization of media investments
- Requires knowledge of brand health services and reports (Kantar)
- Requires knowledge of site (GA) as well as ad server (Sizmek) reports
- Strong relationship with publisher community
- Bring client new to market products offered by publishers
- Advise investment team on tactics for each publishers as it fits the overall strategy
- Develop and maintain relationship with GorupM partners: Kinetic, Xaxis, Mediacom HQ, as well as GroupM print activation
- Manage budgets across all channels using Richemont proprietary tool Bumblebee
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Lead by example while developing, motivating and coaching a team of Supervisors and/or Planners
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of junior staff and ensure all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement
- Must have the ability and desire to help lead, and a willingness to work with and teach others within the group
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as those outside the immediate team
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Detailed awareness of client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status, and competition
- Complete knowledge of all aspects of media
- Solid understanding of interactive research tools such as Ad Relevance, @plan, and Media Metrix
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Fluent in mathematical concepts with an ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Able to understand media data sources in terms of what is measured, the method, and information reported
- Must have a proven record of success managing full service accounts
- Must possess strong written, presentation, analytical, quantitative, and verbal skills
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, and managerial skills
- 8 - 10 years of directly related media experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758/view/1048040/
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.