POSTED 21 FEB. 2021
MediaCom - Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Media Planning • Full-Time
The Role Objective
The Senior Planner is primarily responsible for consistent excellent plan recommendations for the brands in their categories and delivering high quality, fully integrated plan executions & operational excellence. The Senior Planner has a deep understanding of the category & brand challenges, turns business objectives into communications objectives and defines clear KPI’s for each brief.
- Support the Client Lead by providing expertise on Planning
- Provide insight and analysis to the Client Lead to support the development of data driven strategic recommendations for the client
Client Account Management
- Develop strong relationships with clients, be their go to person for Planning expertise
- Work with wider teams (including performance marketing, biddable and programmatic) to ensure regular reporting that serves the client’s needs.
- Lead on relevant part of client meetings, QBRs, etc.
- Act as a client contact for the assigned categories and form close relationships with the client to become the face of MediaCom in front of the client
- Keep your client leads up to date on best practices and industry trends
Operating and Technical Requirements
- Coordinate & complete annual plans for all brands for the assigned categories. Turn business objectives into comms objectives and define clear KPIs for each brief
- Leads the development of the brand’s communication strategy, working in partnership with Agency’s strategists, the other teams within the region / globally and with clients
- Develop consistent excellent plan recommendations for brands in the assigned categories & related Operations staff to deliver outstanding plan execution & operational excellence
- Forge and develop solid working relationship with the internal team at MediaCom and GroupM, developing multi-channel plans and responses to client briefs with the other colleagues/teams (if applicable).
- Establish and lead strong collaborative communication internally and with all other agency partners so information is efficiently and effectively shared (with digital and buying)
- Drives innovation that is founded in clear audience insight
- Develops strategic recommendations in conjunction with rest of the strategy team
- Review Consumer insight and competitive reports interpretation and key learnings (aggregate and integrate research data in the plans)
- Use The System and encourages uptake within wider MediaCom
- Complete and publish planning reports accurately and on time
- Collaborates closely with buying/implementation teams within the company as to maintain a campaigns delivery throughout the year within agreed KPI’s (e.g. reach objectives)
- Contributes to client profitability based on operational efficiency as well as recognizing & developing opportunities to grow out of scope services (like Insights) and related revenues
- Inspires, facilitates, coaches & trains team members on channel & brand knowledge & planning skills
- Work collaboratively with the MediaCom and GroupM colleagues across the market to develop the capability, skills and knowledge of our Planning talent .
- Mentor and provide direction to team members.
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and constructive) to the team on a regular basis.
- Identify opportunities within the client for incremental growth
- Support the Client Lead in providing insight and case studies for New Business Pitches
- Participate in workshops, training sessions and team building events.
- Deliver best practice day to day project management.
- Proactively build relationships outside of the immediate team.
- Demonstrate a business sense and a commercial understanding of profitability.
- Financial control of client’s business in conjunction with Account Manager (payments, invoices, reconciliations, PO tracking etc.)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the media and technology developments that influence performance planning and clients’ business.
- Be an advocate of continuous improvement, enthusiastic and positive with a “Can Do” attitude Flags up any serious performance issues immediately and seek help to manage them accordingly
Key Performance Indicators:
- Product: outstanding plan execution & operational excellence. KPI TBC
- Client: satisfaction, retention and growth, contributing to a high score for strategy and activation planning in agency evaluation. KPI TRR score
- Commercial: client profitability. KPI Client Priofitability target
- Personal development: positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients.
More about MediaCom
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our Clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global Client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Japan is both the world’s third-largest media market and third-largest e-commerce market. As one of the first markets to develop a full mobile e-commerce ecosystem circa 2001 to 2002, Japanese digital consumers are experienced and discerning; digital marketing campaigns are sophisticated, multi-layered labor of love. While growth is lower in this mature market, e-commerce is projected to increase by 12% in 2016, 11% in 2017 – emerging technologies are driving substantial growth. Programmatic spend across all devices has seen a 156% increase between 2012 and now, with mobile Programmatic spend expected to grow 174% between now and 2017. If you want to excel in a mature, refined media advertising atmosphere and reach savvy consumers with equally-savvy media plans, Japan is the place to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global Clients we work with.