POSTED 29 MARS 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
About KR Mediacom:
KR Mediacom was created as a joint venture between KR France and Mediacom UK to service the LVMH account. We are a department of 24 offering the highest level of service and expertise to LVMHs portfolio of aspirational brands and clients targeting HNWIs. We combine specialist luxury sector, audience knowledge and hands-on account management.
In 2009 we became fully integrated into MediaCom UK, giving us access to the biggest media agency
We have print, digital and social implementation & buying team integrated into our set up. As well as utilising dedicated resource across Mediacom accessing other specialist teams in the agency (AV, OOH, Operations, Tech Team etc)
Overview of job
The role of the planning team at KR is to define the brand challenge & opportunities, deliver brand, category & consumer insights to create effective strategies and plans that deliver against the client briefs. To be bold, brave, different, innovative and pioneering with their recommendations and take ownership & pride in their work. The role is also to liaise with the clients on a day to day basis and manage all client expectations which includes co-ordinating the delivery of work from the specialist areas within KR Mediacom and the wider agency/GroupM and reporting back, gathering learnings and delivering metrics. The overall purpose of delivering excellent, effective campaigns, successful business metrics and happy clients!
The role of senior planner is to run day to day client requests from a range of LVMH clients across different luxury categories, i.e. Fashion, Jewellery and Premium Beauty. The role requires strong comms planning skills as well as implementational knowledge across Print, OOH & Digital.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- Working across amazing best-known luxury brands and their briefs that require a wider understanding & context but ability to work within the parameters of LVMH (70/20/10 Innovation approach)
- Opportunity to bring to life exciting campaigns across multiple touchpoints (implementational knowledge of media channels is welcomed)
- Be part of a great team who work to the united goal to drive clients’ business forward and as well as being trusted advisers to clients
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Learned competitive market and context of the brands that you work across
- Have a good understanding of agency’s business, from finance procedures to additional services that Mediacom and Group M offer.
In six months, you would have:
- Established a trustworthy relationship with clients, manage their plans and be their first point of contact for any ad hoc requests
- Own all of the processes and reporting required across the account
In 12 months, you would have:
- Own client relationships across smaller accounts
- Become a planning support for BD for major projects
- Champion System Planning process
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the development, sell-in and delivery of planning work for smaller briefs
- Be a planning support for BD for major projects
- Lead ad-hoc client requests
- Own the master plans for smaller clients in a group
- Develop good relationships with other departments that work on the account
- Develop junior team members
- Assist junior team members with competitive reporting, develop interesting insights and ensure accuracy for any reporting that is required on the account
- Own all the financial processes (PO tracker, actualisations, resolution of queries etc)
What you will need:
- Strong comms skills (implementational skillset is desired due to the nature of the account), be a confident user of all media planning tools (TGI, AdDynamix etc)
- Passion for client servicing & build long term relationships based on mutual respect and trust
- Must be able to manage budget and be performance and process driven
- Must have a can-do attitude, be positive and supportive
- Desire to learn and ever develop
- Accurate and attention to detail is a must!
- Team player
- Calm under pressure
- Ever Curious to test new ideas
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en