POSTED 22 JAN. 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
Paid Social Senior Planner Buyer
We need an enthusiastic and passionate Paid Social Senior Planner Buyer to work on the Boots account, one of MediaCom’s largest paid social accounts. Activity on Boots is hugely varied with campaign ranging from cosmetics and beauty to opticians and hearing care.
Our Senior Planner Buyers are responsible for the operational delivery of the team’s outputs, across social media advertising for MediaCom UK’s largest and most prestigious brand and direct response clients. The Senior Paid Social Planner Buyer will work as part of a client focused paid social team and will work closely with media owners, clients and third-party platforms for campaign management, optimisation and reporting. Strategically, you will be responsible for responding to client briefs, delivering budget and performance forecasts, client/competitive/market insights, understanding analytics, producing testing matrices, innovation and development programmes and ultimately overseeing the end to end account management of client business.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports to the team Paid Social Manager.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- You’ll get to work on an exciting retail brand that is combining both online and instore driving activity. The social campaigns are a great combination of branding and DR elements while utilising the breadth of social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat and LinkedIn).
- You’ll be part of tight-knit, dedicated team who live and breathe social and whose comradery is contagious!
- You’ll have unprecedented access to alpha, betas and first to market social media products and platforms, collaborating with media owners, creative agencies and our clients
What are the measures of success?
1. Established as senior member of the wider Paid Social team.
Our seniors are a pro-active bunch, regularly working across their own client and vertical patches on numerous team initiatives, to improve team knowledge, process and product output. Working closely with senior peers and being seen as a ‘go to’ person for more junior team members whatever their challenge may be is crucial.
2. Senior account management.
Our Seniors run the end to end account management for our most sophisticated advertiser accounts, overseeing a Planner Buyer working on the same client business. Ultimately our Seniors are accountable for all campaign delivery and ensuring our responses are market leading and follow all best practice guidelines.
3. An industry expert.
Keeping up-to-date as regards all industry changes, product updates and competitor activity is necessary at this level and our Seniors would be expected to speak confidentially about new developments in the channel and what this means for us and our clients.
4. Proven track record of overseeing clients and teams.
At this level, it would be expected to have 1 or 2 direct reports, working across a range of clients and campaigns which the senior would be ultimately responsible for, taking ownership of their individual training needs, developmental objectives, overall campaign delivery and output.
5. A Paid Social pro in advanced Brand & Direct Response account strategy & optimisation techniques
Our Seniors have advanced knowledge of all social partners, their systems, their algorithms and are able to advise and impact all optimisation strategies across all manner of buying objectives and client goals. A Senior would be expected to walk cold into a client meeting and respond with expertise whatever the challenge, taking the meeting in their stride and talking from experience.
6. A technology expert, across all Social platforms with strong knowledge of 3rd party tech stacks
Our Senior Planner Buyers are required to have an expert knowledge of 3rd party tech partners, i.e. 4c, Bionic, Smartly etc…and have established relationships to review and activate where appropriate. A Senior Planner Buyer is also expected to have a working knowledge of tag management solutions & media owner pixels; with the ability to use and apply where appropriate.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Established yourself as a key point of senior contact for clients and internal planning teams.
- Reviewed all client strategy within your portfolio of advertisers, identified any holes and/or opportunities and pro-actively put steps in place to address them.
- Conducted reviews with all the individuals in your sub-team, ensuring everyone has appropriate developmental objectives in place and that the agency is meeting all training requirements.
- Established working relationships with key departments and stakeholders around the building to ensure a visible profile and so as to streamline and be a conduit for all client communication.
What will you need?
- To be passionate about all things social!
- Have an inquisitive and keen to learn attitude.
- Strong client services skills.
- Strong project management skills. You will have managed large budgets and you feel at ease with the pace and scale of a large agency.
- A desire to manage people and lead accounts.
- You have strong inter-agency relationship management skills and are able to effectively lead an account and manage multiple stakeholders.
- You will be an able to oversee 1 to 2 more junior people in your sub-team and will be a pro at time management, able to delegate effectively and are accountable for all aspects of campaign delivery.
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*