POSTED 24 FEB. 2021
Creative, Design & Content • Regular
Join Us. Help us create innovative branded content
Are you a storyteller with a deep passion for visual communication that can help bring ideas to life across different platforms including broadcast, digital, social & print?
Your role will be an integral part of a team that brainstorms creative ideas that are rooted in content strategy and then brings those gems to life in tangible outputs from development, pre-pro, post-pro through to delivery.
As Producer, you’ll assist the Associate Director, Creative & Production by providing production support from initial concept to final cut. You will be pivotal in helping to bring together the right execution team for our ideas.
You will enhance our creative through production by assisting in the day-to-day tasks of scoping, scheduling, execution and troubleshooting to ensure projects run smoothly. Working across a variety of fun projects including full-scale 360 productions, TV/radio adapts, digital revisions, animatics / test materials, case study videos, new business pitch materials and internal marketing content.
You will collaborate with internal agency teams and external teams (production companies, production consultants, key partners & freelance resources) to find solutions to client’s challenges.
We’re looking for a team member that is resourceful, curious about how brands can intersect the world of content and genuinely excited by the work that they do. If this sounds like you – please apply with your portfolio & include your answer to the following question in your cover letter:
“What is your favourite branded content video in the past three years, why do you like it and what was the goal of the creative?”
- Assist with creative and practical input during all phases of production including pre-production, production, and post-production (including idea generation, scripting, interviews, asset gathering, music selection, casting, call sheets, shooting schedules, location agreements, insurance, risk assessments and talent contracts, prep for editing).
- Assist in production day to day, communications with suppliers / agency teams / clients / vendors.
- Prepare ballpark budgets and high-level schedules for production, including sourcing quotes & estimates, negotiations with suppliers, hiring crew, and cost tracking (project budgets, crew / hourly rates, invoicing, reconciliations, and receipt management) for assigned projects.
- Research and recommend best-in-class suppliers (production companies, directors, key partners, and freelance resources) and maintain a directory of production key contacts.
- Maintain quality standards across the production of all creative work.
- Collaborate to elevate the creative concept by providing production solutions / options and creative inspiration through references, etc.
- Scope out and determine the feasibility of producing final creative work in a variety of formats
- Ensure the correct licensing of artistic material across all formats and locations within agreed timings.
- Collaborate to identify and mitigate risks to projects/ proactively problem solve.
- Liaise with business affairs/ legal teams to review and discuss creative concepts, supplier contracts and talent.
- Obtain approvals as required throughout the creative and production process.
- Actively participate in client meetings, brainstorms, and presentations.
- Stay on top of content trends, goals, and performance indicators.
Skills and Behaviour:
- You’re an optimistic person that enjoys tackling new ideas and is excited by innovation and pushing creative boundaries.
- You have experience in content production - television, video, film or gaming production - you’ve worked with clients before and understand what it takes to bring an idea from concept to reality.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud – Premiere Pro and have some skills in After Effects
- Artistic vision: an eye for detail, you thrive on knowing how to reach an audience through visual storytelling.
- Experienced working with multiple sources of content – you can assess, work and deliver on client needs including development of content, creative research, writing & editing.
- Basic technical elements of shooting, lighting, and sound.
- Basic technical elements of editing final videos.
- You’re very organized, you understand the value of this skill to make your workflow smoother.
- Jumping around different projects at the same time doesn’t make you uncomfortable.
- You’re diplomatic, you can negotiate with clarity and empathy, you’re able to communicate effectively with people from different industries to ensure project management is seamless.
- Experience and knowledge of digital, broadcast, and social media tactics, an understanding of how audiences consume content across platforms.
- You would enjoy generating ideas for, and experimenting with new video formats
- You like collaborating in a team but you are also comfortable working autonomously and seeing something through.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in content production
- Relevant training/education in production
We are MediaCom. We believe in People First, Better Results. Visit us at www.mediacom.com to learn more.
Our success is underpinned by our belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but for our clients.
We’re a global company, so you’ll be working with teams and time zones from around the world. And we’ve won every international award and then some.
MediaCom is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.