POSTED 08 MARS 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
About the role
As a data scientist in Data Strategy and Analytics department, you will be building tools and models to support our planning teams in building effective marketing campaigns.
Our data scientists are responsible for building models that will feed into audience selection and developing value-based metrics and scoring that can feed into campaign planning and optimisation, maintaining return on investment and forecasting models, ensuring that these models run with correct data inputs and refreshing interactive dashboards. Data scientists also answer more ad hoc queries, building statistical and machine learning models and designing data visualisations based on client-specific needs.
Initially, this role will focus on helping us get our new google practice up and running creating new tools, and model design and building new analysis and activation tools.
You will have an analytical mindset and a passion for solving problems. It is essential that you have experience with statistical modelling methods and machine learning models that allow us to find and build audiences based on propensity scoring or categorisation using media, web analytics, or client-provided data. Ability to code in R is an advantage. Other programming languages such as Python are useful but MediaCom runs a predominantly R environment.
About the person we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience in a similar Data Science role
- Relevant work experience in data science, machine learning, and business analytics within the GCP suite of tools.
- Experience of using Cloud technologies eg GCP
- Strong proficiency in database technologies eg. SQL, ETL, No-SQL, DW, and Big Data
- Knowledge of machine learning modelling techniques and how to fine-tune those models eg. XGBoost, Deep Neural Networks, Transformers, Markov chains, etc.
- Experience of reporting BI tools - ideally Tableau and potentially R-Shiny, SSRS, Qliksense, Power BI
- Knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, DataStudio & DoubleClick
- A good understanding of business performance metrics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- The ability to manage projects and processes independently
- Must demonstrate the capacity of reading, understanding and implementing new techniques in the field of machine learning as they emerge.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to become part of one of the most innovative and progressive Media agencies in the world! As a core member of the team you will have opportunity to help define our product, work with, our industry-leading clients and the chance to build your career & your future the way you want it!
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, we would love to hear from you!
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.