POSTED 19 OKT. 2020
MediaCom - Buying, Trading & Investment • Buying, Trading & Investing • Full-Time
In this role, he will manage the day-to-day requirements of brands assigned to his team. He will lead the development, negotiation, implementation, and monitoring of optimized monthly media schedules and manage the brand’s media investments. He will drive the implementation of Mediacom’s approaches and processes and will apply Mediacom’s proprietary tools, systems and research data in effectively addressing the brands’ objectives and requirements.
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure to best-in-class planning, trading and negotiation approaches
- Opportunity to handle the country’s top companies and brands
- Being part of an organization that promotes excellence through mentoring and talent development programs while maintaining an environment of fun and camaraderie
Measures of Success:
In 3 to 6 months, you should have established a clear understanding of the client’s business and the specific agency deliverables for the accounts assigned to you.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
An Associate Media Director handles brands and performs the following tasks:
- Drives application of MediaCom internal systems and processes in the preparation of client requirements
- Leads development and implementation of optimized monthly media schedules based on client-approved targets
- Leads negotiations of brand-level requirements with media partners
- Oversees coordination of planners with client and creative agency partners on the timely delivery of materials and media assets for implementation
- Leads and guides planners in evaluating and presenting campaign performances using internal resources and third party/client shared data.
- Manages and ensures timely submission of accurate and complete reports and other brand deliverables
- Assists the Buying Director in the development of client’s corporate requirements
- Leads in various client engagements and interactions
- Oversees delivery of the day to day requirements with minimal supervision of Buying Director.
- Oversees internal reporting for accounts handled by his team
- Leads and mentors team to help develop and improve their planning and buying skills and operational discipline
- Supports the Planning and Buying Director in growth and development plans for the team
What you'll bring:
- Graduate of a Business, Marketing or Research-related course: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration / Management, Marketing Management, Advertising, Economics, Communication Research, Communication Arts. etc.
- 6 - 7 years work experience with at least 1 year managing 1 - 2 junior staff in a media agency or marketing / advertising / research-related field
- Strong analytical and number skills
- Passion for learning and openness to new challenges
- Project management skills, good at multi-tasking and organization
- Self-starter attitude
- Team player mindset
- Time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and a can-do/positive attitude
- High level of accountability and integrity
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
Philippines Market Overview
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest-growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.