POSTED 09 FEB. 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Technology Platform Strategist
The Technology Platform Strategist is the go-to expert for all digital marketing platforms and associated data sets.
The role will be responsible for delivering a clear competitive Advantage to Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) through the implementation, utilisation and operation of their key digital tech platforms. This includes advising on best use of tech with particular focus on ensuring that LBG are making the most of their 1PD by making the most of latest techniques and capabilities. Application of knowledge of ongoing industry developments will ensure that LBG’s tech set up is best in class now as well as in the future.
Key areas of focus are:
- Create a 12-month roadmap around technology platform adoption and use cases with particular focus on GA360
- Advice and managing the implementation of new platform integrations
- Deliver best practice usage of technology platforms and ensure they are used to optimal capability by the team and client
- Understand and identify internal MediaCom products and solutions that can benefit the client creating incremental revenue opportunities
- Unlock the value of the client’s 1st party data, across both consumer and business. Ensure the wider team and specialists have access to this data for audience identification and segmentation, activation and attribution and measurement techniques and work with these individuals to accelerate our output using data
- With support from the business analytics manager, identify new data solutions around data science and machine learning techniques, creating new revenue opportunities for MediaCom
- Working with other functional leads to advise on measurement techniques
- Create POV’s and advising on wider business and industry influences on the above
Who does the role report into?
This role reports directly to the Systems Intelligence Lead in Business Unit 7 with responsibility to contribute to the central Systems Intelligence community
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Opportunities to use innovative techniques and technologies on one of the largest 1PD data sets in the UK, delivering truly industry leading work
- Exposure and opportunity to learn from a number of different media agency and client disciplines
- No day is the same with a stream of different questions and challenges to solve
What are the measures of success?
- That MediaCom is viewed by the client as a key partner in the data and technology landscape
- Contribution to the creation a roadmap for platform integration and adoption
- Successful project management of relevant tech or data integrations which are future proofed and privacy by design e.g. data partnerships, use of clean rooms, better joining of CRM and paid comms
- Delivery of tangible case studies demonstrating the improvement in effectiveness of media campaigns through utilisation of 1PD and relevant technology platforms
- Industry digital and data award wins.
- Strong working relationship with LBG and MediaCom data and digital specialist teams, alongside our planning departments to create innovative data/tech solutions across all paid digital media channels
- Introduction and use of relevant GroupM and/or MediaCom tools, creating additional streams of revenue
- Ensuring data collection is tracking accurately across a variety of tools/platforms
- Providing POV on various questions and challenges given (related to the above)
This role will have key working relationships with strategists, digital planners and data scientists with a reporting line into the Systems Intelligence team.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- A solid understanding of the current set up of the LBG account; platforms, measurement metrics and data sets (1st and 3rd party)
- A working relationship with key LBG and MediaCom stakeholders
- Good knowledge of GroupM/MediaCom tools
- Initial view on a 12-month roadmap with key use cases and projects identified
What will you need?
- An inquisitive mind with a passion for all things digital and data
- A deep understanding of the digital landscape and industry trends
- Working knowledge of Google platforms, tag management solutions, DMPs, CDPs and clean rooms
- Digital professional (e.g. performance marketing or ad operations) with good understanding of broader communications planning
- Project management experience with multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to demonstrate creative and innovative solutions to problems posed
- Solid client handling skills and experience
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*