POSTED 11 MARS 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
PAID SOCIAL SENIOR PLANNER BUYER
We need an enthusiastic and passionate Paid Social Planner Buyer to manage some of the largest brands and biggest spenders in the UK market in this fast-growing digital specialism. Our Planner Buyers are responsible for the planning, account management, optimisation and reporting of social media advertising for MediaCom UK’s largest and most prestigious brand & direct response clients
Who does the role report into?
This role reports to the team Paid Social Manager.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- You’ll be part of tight-knit, dedicated team who live and breathe social and whose comradery is contagious!
- You’ll have unprecedented access to alpha, betas and first to market social media products and platforms.
- You’ll be at the coalface collaborating directly with media owners, creative agencies and our clients.
What are the measures of success?
- Successful end to end management of multiple Paid Social campaigns across a portfolio of clients.
Our Planner Buyers act as account managers, with exceptional organisational skills, able to manage all aspects of campaign delivery from the initial response to brief, liaison with creative agency and client contacts, set-up, optimisation, reporting and post-campaign analysis.
- Established as a Paid Social expert across multiple Social platforms
A Paid Social Planner Buyer works in client facing capacity directly with clients and internal Planning teams so needs to be the expert voice in the room for the channel at all times.
- Proven account management skills
Excellent time management, analytical and organisational skills alongside a high attention to detail are the lifeblood of our Planner Buyers and the foundation of all future progression.
- Become an integral member of the Paid Social department
Our team culture is very important to us and there are lots of opportunities to get involved and work closely as a team. Knowledge sharing, working in our buddy system, mentoring our Executives and work shadowing are some of the areas we ask our Planner Buyers to participate in for the good of the wider group.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Established media owner, client and internal Planning team relationships
- Successfully managed, optimised and delivered Paid Social campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Pinterest.
- Completed all key training areas required to perform the role across MediaCom, GroupM and external Media Owner modules.
What will you need?
- To be passionate about all things social!
- Have an inquisitive and keen to learn attitude.
- Strong organisational skills.
- You will have managed Paid Social campaigns before on Facebook as a minimum, but other platforms are a bonus and can hit the ground running as a specialist from day 1.
- You have strong inter-personal relationship skills and can be an ambassador for the Paid Social team at all times, both within the agency and at external client meetings and industry events.
- You will be someone who loves to work as part of a team
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*