POSTED 15 FEB. 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
MediaCom Global Data Scientist
Overview of job
As a Data Scientist within the Systems Intelligence mLab team you will assist in leading the development of cutting-edge analytics tools to provide marketing solutions using advanced analytics for internal and external clients. You will use your programming and statistics background to lead this.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Data Tech and NPD.
3 best things about the job:
- Working on cutting edge programming solutions producing best in market tools & analytics
- Engaging with a great network of internal colleagues and external clients
- Access to the beta product suites within GAFAM
Measures of success –
In three months, you will:
- Understand the work we do in mLab team, Business Science/RWI and MediaCom and how your skills can contribute to development in these areas
- Be confident working within our development environment built around Python, R, SQL, Git and GCP
- Be able to maintain existing projects and add functionalities
- Design and development of new ones
- Build successful relationships with Systems Tech, Product function and the wider agency
In six months, you will:
- Be a key contact when working with internal and external stakeholders on mlab offerings.
- Train CoE hubs to be self-sufficient with running mLab regionally
- With the support of your line manager you will begin to take responsibility for the deployment of client facing tools and services
- Demonstrate an ability to improve the breadth and depth of the services we offer in Business Science
In 12 months, you will:
- Manage the deployment of client facing tools and services
- Be able to design and implement solutions for our clients with support from the rest of the team
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
- Become comfortable presenting our work to non-technical internal & external stakeholders
- Ensure the learning and development of junior members of the team
Responsibilities of the role
The role of the Data Scientist involves:
- Build, deploy and optimise machine learning models working across a broad range of different projects.
- Develop a deep understanding of different data infrastructures of clients and be at the forefront of the technical aspects to use, adopt and implement machine learning techniques.
- Similarly work alongside the rest of the Insight Analytics team to champion/implement self-service and data-driven decisioning
- Develop, test and maintain mathematical models and predictive models for use by internal stakeholders and data analytic teams.
- Develop programs that automate data collection, assimilation, aggregation and visualization of data.
- Driving forward the analytics offering of the agency. Understanding areas where programming can be used to deliver marketing solutions for agency & client challenges.
- Coordinates with Data Engineers to build data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts, Data Integrators, Knowledge Managers, and Intel Analysts.
- Develops methodology and processes for prioritization and scheduling of projects.
The skillsets & characteristics you will require:
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (Java, C++, Python, R, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modelling experience
- Keen to lead programming & product development
- Ambitious, determined and self-motivated
- Experience using Shiny and Linux a plus