POSTED 20 JAN. 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Maternity Cover
We are looking for a Manager to join the Career team. You will work on a range of UK and Global accounts managing their recruitment attraction and employer branding campaigns. You will work with the Associate Director and wider team to ensure high quality, effective strategies and media plans are delivered working on a variety of campaigns specifically planning and buying digital and working with our specialist media teams within the agency.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into Celine Marshall - Associate Director Career Team
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The team. Super supportive, experienced, knowledgeable, caring and socially conscious bunch of people doing good work for MediaCom and our clients.
- Variety of the role. Exposure to different elements of the planning process from supporting AD on strategy through to managing responses with the core team, working with different specialist teams and media owners.
- That what we do makes a difference, helping organisations attract top talent and achieve their diversity and inclusion goals, by attracting underrepresented talent within their organisations at all levels.
What are the measures of success?
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Good understanding of your clients, media planning systems, processes and working with the core team and specialist teams collaboratively
- Feel confident delivering and responding to a client requests and briefs independently or as part of the team utilising the correct resource
What would you expect to achieve in the first 6 months?
- Built strong, trustworthy client relationships
- Built trust within the team and wider departments eg specialist teams
- Good understanding of the recruitment industry and how to approach briefs and deliver ideal plans to deliver effective results ensuring a balance of brand / response / recruitment knowledge is applied
What will you need?
- Strong management and client relationship skills
- People management skills to support AD in the management and development of Planners and Execs
- Digital media agency background preferably and knowledge of other media channels would be useful but not essential
- Preferably from a B2B background or recruitment agency but not essential.
Responsibilities of the role
- Managing your own client relationships as well as overseeing and being accountable for those of your team.
- Be the key contact for your clients and work to develop strong links with more senior clients, creative agencies and media owners.
- Ensuring you know and understand what all the MediaCom departments and different parts of the agency can do, and how this may benefit and support your work for the client.
- Taking an active approach to being involved in new business and regularly taking part in pitches.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to identifying new areas for additional income and sharing these thoughts with the rest of the team.
- Responsible for quality control of planning/buying/reporting output and service for client set
- Continuing to suggest new opportunities and routes to market, including new revenue streams.
- Taking responsibility for your own training and continual development, including ensuring that your performance meetings take place, that you have clear objectives and that you attend relevant training.
- Ensuring team members manage media bookings and accounting efficiently, dealing with the accounts department when appropriate.
- Supporting your Associate Director with their management responsibilities e.g. helping them to forecast, manage team administration, and organise training etc.
- Being supportive of your team members, offering support and guidance when needed.
- Ensuring that your team have regular performance reviews, have an up to date training plan and attend training and workshops planned for them.
- Developing strategies for planning and buying to ensure the agency is competitive against agency, auditor, industry and targets.
- Ensuring that our plans are optimised not only within media channels but across all Paid, Owned and Earned channels – optimising in real time where feasible / relevant.
- Managing the co-ordination of client performance data, marketplace, competitive and media updates and generating comprehensive, linear and cross-channel insight that will inform future response solutions.
- Working with Insight and other Response teams to produce a comprehensive view of campaign performance.
- Skilled at deriving performance insight out of response data and applying to planning and negotiations.
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*