POSTED 18 NOV. 2020
Data, Analytics & Insight • Regular
About the Team:
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role:
The Associate Director is responsible for Digital/Direct research, analysis, and insight generation for cross-industry client groups. This position advances the understanding of online and direct marketing dynamics through developing critical business insights across our clients to increase their ROI on media investments. You will report to the Director of Analytics.
- Provide on-going analytical support utilizing marketing mix modeling, forecasting and custom analytic
- approaches to address a wide variety of client issues including media and new products
- Present to clients and prospective clients on results of current projects as well as new business
- Work on-site with the client, when appropriate
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction
- Manage projects that primarily focus on the impact and/or ROI (return on investment) of media and
- marketing activities (including advertising, promotional activities and pricing strategies)
- Work in an integrated fashion with client marketing insight and marketing professionals to make
- recommendations based on analyses and experience
- Develop, train and groom team including Analysts, Sr. Analysts, Managers
- Competitive drive
- Able to inspire others
- Able to grow the business and develop managers, senior and junior analysts
Your Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques, such as multivariate regression analysis, Bayesian shrinkage, predictive modeling, logistic regression, factor analysis, sales forecasting, response prediction, advertising effectiveness, consumer profiling, market mix and ROI measurement
- Knowledge of a variety of analytic tools
- Fluency in SAS, SPSS, R or any other advanced analytics software package
- Comprehensive understanding of metrics: Media (e.g. impression, GRP, CPV etc.), Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (LTV, ROI, Effectiveness, etc.), Statistics (Correlations, sample sizing, t-value VIF etc.)
- Experience in Media ROI Optimization Consulting required
- Proven track record of dealing directly with clients is required
- Able to work in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills when addressing both research and non-research audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in statistical and econometric analysis, with emphasis in the area of Marketing Mix Analysis
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.