POSTED 26 JAN. 2021
Partnerships & Sponsorships • Maternity Cover
Production Lead (Director or AD) Mat Leave Cover – Creative Systems
This role is based in the Production team in Creative Systems, London. Our team are branded content specialists, developing projects and managing production and execution of branded content campaigns across the agency for both UK and Worldwide clients. The team work across many different clients and media owners on some of the most exciting and high-profile content campaigns in the industry.
Working into the Head of Operations (with a dotted line to the Creative Systems Lead - Business Development), you will be leading Production of content across Partnerships (Digital, Radio & Print), Branded Entertainment/TV and Social/Influencer.
The role has 2 key aspects – It is responsible for a team of producers, ensuring the smooth, efficient running of the Production team in delivering multi-platform content & creative solutions (including resource management, commercial and legal) and is also key in helping to develop large scale content ‘systems’ solutions– with the Creative Systems Leads.
The role includes advising both internal and external clients on how to best produce content. The role will be at the forefront of developing & delivering ‘bigger picture’ content solutions
You will also be a key in upskilling the current producers in Production in content production - demonstrating leadership and developing/sharing knowledge with your producers on best practice production delivery.
You will be responsible for delivering growth opportunities for our people and running a flexible, efficient team for our clients and business.
You will need to bring a very collaborative and flexible attitude to the role.
The role may be recruited at AD or Director level – depending on experience.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports to the Head of Operations.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Working across a multitude of exciting Mediacom clients and media partners, forming strong relationships with key clients and media owners.
- Being directly responsible for looking after and developing a fantastic team of producers and being part of a fun and dynamic team and department (within Creative Systems) as well as being a part of the wider Mediacom family.
- Heading the Creative Systems team, developing innovative, cutting-edge content solutions for an unrivalled client base.
What are the measures of success?
The smooth, efficient running of the Production team, delivering multi-platform content & creative solutions.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
In three months, you would have:
- Learnt the internal MediaCom process of how a brief is handled between different departments, and how the Production team works with internal and external stakeholders and third parties – including how commercial and legal operations work and need to be implemented effectively.
- Build a strong working relationship with the Head of Operations
- Working with, and assisting, the Head of the Creative Systems Lead (Bus Dev team) responses to brief and the development of proactive opportunities to create a pipeline of new and different projects for Creative Systems.
- Sharing Production knowledge and making strong recommendations/challenging briefs around the role of content and their fit within the wider media plan and be known as the content production expert within client and internal teams.
- Ensure all your direct reports are performing to a high standard across all campaigns and be working with them proactively on their development plans. Overseeing their management of their direct reports.
Other Areas of responsibility/knowledge
- Overall management of the Production resource for Creative Systems – creating SOW and agreeing resource needs (ensuring resource and commercial processes are followed) – working with the Head of Operations to ensure future resource needs can forecast.
- Managing, supporting, and developing multiple direct reports and being the senior escalation point.
- Expert in leading medium to large scale content projects, being the main point of contact for multiple stakeholders and managing work across the team.
- Liaising regularly with internal and external stakeholders e.g. commercial, legal, clients, media owners and agency partners (creative & PR agencies etc.)
- Working on projects from start to finish (idea generation, reviewing media owner responses, activation, delivery, and reporting)
- Supplying a point of view on new opportunities and potential media partners in response to a brief
- Keeping abreast of innovations in the industry – knowledge sharing with rest of the team and wider agency as a Production specialist
What will you need?
- Experience of working across publisher partnerships, influencer campaigns, social and traditional TV executions such as spot advertising and advertiser funded programming. (experience of some or all)
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and Develop/share knowledge with producers on best practice production delivery.
- Responsible for smooth running of production delivery, ensuring we are offering the most effective solution whilst remaining profitable.
- Expert understanding & knowledge of content and production.
- Be hyper-organised, process driven with exceptional project management skills
- Exceptional people skills (including people management) and very confident with clients
- Confident communicator to include active participation in client meetings & delivering presentations
- Confident in managing multiple stakeholder relationships
- Strong attention to detail & good with numbers
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time
- Enthusiastic, proactive & creative – be a ‘yes’ person
- Previous experience in working well under pressure & working to deadlines
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London.