POSTED 28 JAN. 2021
MediaCom - Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Media Planning • Full-Time
MediaCom South Korea
Overview of job
As the Media Planning Director, you will be dedicated to servicing the global client, including communication plan development and account management in general. Your primary responsibility will be to gain the trust from clients and manage projects broadly, as well as supporting clients as demand requires. Your secondary emphasis will be on forthcoming new business for Mediacom on demands.
매체 경력 10년 이상의 부장~국장급 채용: Over 10 years experiences in Media, fluent Korean and English is required.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Mediacom Korea.
3 best things about the job:
1.This position gets to make impactful contributions on the most sophisticated tech company which is leading a trend across online and offline in the new technologies.
2.International environment of young, hungry, and motivated marketing professionals.
3.You’ll be working closely with multiple stakeholders within the GroupM network, giving you exposure to both client-side and Group-side regional leadership.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Been brought up to speed on Mediacom servicing processes and best practices – you will be ready to face the world’s largest client with confidence.
- Been exposed to all related stakeholders, and you will start managing on/offline media planning process against briefs from the designated client
- Been satisfactorily commented by internally and externally that you’re well on-boarded.
In six months:
- Stood as the dedicated media planning manager for the client.
- Begun to develop an incremental business pipeline for your clients.
In 12 months:
- Successfully serviced your respective client engagements, earning client compliment to another projects' worth of agency retainership
- Built out your incremental business pipeline with additional Mediacom/GroupM products and service offerings
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Develop media plans that specify which forms of media will be used to effectively reach the target audience and generate client’s sales, including emerging media tactics and media KPIs
- Collaborate with creative agencies to develop effective creative asset that can result in the highest media performance based on previous learnings
- Tightly monitor & optimize campaigns to deliver the KPIs through publisher, placement, targeting, creative and landing page choices
- Deliver end-of-campaign reports & assist with quarterly media reviews
- Maintain budget updates on a regular basis
- Work with digital trading managers ensure all buys and placements fit the overall strategy to deliver outcome
- Report on the competitive landscape
What you’ll bring:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
- Sufficient knowledge on Korea offline media landscape and basic understanding about media planning and/or digital planning
- Intermediate MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in developing and implementing analysis and reporting strategies
- Project management; ability to manage multiple projects across critical yet often fluctuating deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with consideration to company/client objectives
- Experience with new/emerging media, a plus
- Solid experience with Media agency as senior role
- Understanding of AOR role and capability to lead big team
- Experience to work with multinational clients
- Solid understanding & experience on media cross offline & online
At least 10 years of working experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Korean
- Intermediate written communication skills in English (all documents should be written in English)
- Experience in online planning or buying and communicating with buyers/publishers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
More about MediaCom
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (MediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, MediaCom Connections Israel).
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
About South Korea
GroupM Korea is the leading global media investment management operation in Korea. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies, MediaCom, MindShare and Wavemaker.
Its primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.