POSTED 10 MARS 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
We are looking for a Planner Buyer to join the Career team, a specialist division supporting clients on their Employer Branding and Attraction Strategies. You will work on a range of UK and Global accounts managing their recruitment attraction and employer branding campaigns. You will work with the Manager, Senior Planners and wider team to ensure high quality, effective strategies and media plans are delivered. You will work on a variety of campaigns specifically planning and buying digital and working with our specialist media teams within the agency.
Who does the role report into?
Manager and Associate Director
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The team. Super supportive, experienced, knowledgeable, caring and socially conscious bunch of people doing good work for MediaCom and our clients.
- Variety of the role. Exposure to different elements of the planning process from supporting AD on strategy through to managing responses with the core team, working with different specialist teams and media owners.
- What we do makes a difference, helping organisations attract top talent into their organisations and achieve their diversity and inclusion goals.
What are the measures of success?
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Built good relationships both internally with the teams and also with clients and media
- Good understanding of your clients, media planning systems, processes and working with the core team and specialist teams collaboratively
- Feel confident delivering and responding to a client requests and briefs as part of the team utilising the correct resources
What will you need?
- Strong relationship skills both internal and external
- Media planning and buying experience
- Digital media agency background preferably and knowledge of other media channels would be useful, but not essential
- Preferably from a B2B background or recruitment agency but not essential
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*