POSTED 03 DEC. 2020
Buying, Trading & Investment • Permanent (Full Time)
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards, whilst recently being named Campaign’s Media Agency of the Decade.
We are looking for a diligent AV Manager with at least four years of TV buying experience and has knowledge across other AV channels such as Online Video, Addressable TV, OOH TV, Cinema and Radio, so they are equipped to work on some of the UK’s biggest and most forward-thinking advertisers – TCCC and Thinkbox.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports directly into the AV AD on the account and to the AV Investment Lead, along with reporting into relevant Trading Heads regarding value management, quality and channel coordination.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- MediaCom’s strength has always been our people. This team really reflects that. We’re a tight team working to deliver great data-led work to our clients
- A widely varied client base makes for a great place to grow your career as it gives everyone in the team a real breadth of experience
- An extremely supportive and encouraging leadership team that puts their team’s development first
What are the measures of success?
In three months, you would have:
- Worked with the AV Associate Director on the account to put in place processes and streamlining ways of working.
- Start to build a strong relationship with the rest of the team in Comms Planning and Implementational Planning.
- Have confidence and clarity in communicating with the client team, media owners and client.
- Have a strong understanding of the clients you are working on and their approach to AV.
- Have regular contact with clients, keeping them up to date on all TV matters.
- Ensuring all buying is gold standard and all campaign objectives are met without error.
- Start to understand the client audit guarantees and how they are achieved.
- Monitoring the administration of the client’s account, ensuring all bookings and PO numbers are accurate and on the system.
What will you need?
- Strong TV buying experience
- Proficient knowledge of the UK TV marketplace, along with other AV media such as radio, cinema and VOD
- Attention to detail is key
- Organised and be able to prioritise tasks
- Drive and enthusiasm to work on huge clients
- Knowledge of industry media buying tools (all media e.g. BARB, Media Ocean, Caria, Prisma and Jet)
- Pro-actively forge relationships with media owners
- Commercially astute and excellent negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Management of allocated accounts – ensuring that campaigns are delivered in line with objectives (strikeweights, value delivery and quality commitments)
- Management of value within the team
- Tracking and supplying audit data and liaising with auditors
- A senior channel co-ordination role – negotiating with saleshouses to get the best value delivery, quality and servicing in market for the Investment Broadcast team
- Overseeing the reconciliation of TV value positions across the group
- Supporting the team with solving financial issues
- Leading commercial exchange with Connect
- Passionate to explore new ways of trading
- Multi skilled in media buying
- A questioning mindset
- A real team player who has the ability to share their knowledge
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*