POSTED 23 FEB. 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Regular
About the Team:
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest-growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics, and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data-led decision-making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager is the center of data analysis. This position is responsible for all deliverables including, but not limited to, campaign reporting, business reviews, media and creative tests, creative analysis, budget forecasting, and data accuracy. Additionally, you will be expected to:
- Manage a small team of highly skilled analysts, who you will be responsible for coaching and developing, so they maximize their potential.
- Ensure best practice analytics across other MediaCom market teams and departments.
- Solve problems and drive new and innovative working practices as part of regular client work and new business.
- Quarterly and Monthly Reporting Leadership: Collaborate across planning and audience strategy teams on project planning/milestone development, lead storytelling, and client presentation responsibilities.
- Manage the retrieving, compiling, and formatting of large volumes of data
- Analyze data to generate visuals for use in client presentations
- Utilize syndicated research tools to retrieve various types of data (macroeconomic, marketing, business, etc.)
- Act as primary day-to-day contact on insights and analytics to digital and traditional media managers, clients, and 3rd party agencies (ex: creative, audience science, etc.)
- Develop holistic Test & Learn strategies to support both media and business goals
- Manage project timelines and deliverable schedules and share concerns about deliverables, timelines, and issues with project managers and directors
Your Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations using statistical and econometric modeling techniques
- Understanding of industry research sources, such as YouGov/Nielsen/IRI sales data or TV/online advertising data.
- Familiarity with SQL, Tableau and proven experience working with at least one of the major databases platforms a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of metrics: Media (e.g. impression, GRP, CPV, etc.), Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (LTV, ROI, Effectiveness, etc.), Statistics (Correlations, t-value VIF, etc.)
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Experience in managing and mentoring team members
- Experience working with Ad Servers (i.e. Google Marketing Platform) and 3rd party data sources
- Experience with a scripting language such as R or Python preferred
- Experience with Tableau or Datorama
- Ability to work successfully within a large global team environment that promotes collaboration; able to work independently
- Establish and maintain effective relationships inter-departmentally as well as with clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- An MS degree in Statistics, Economics, or Applied Math is a plus
- 3-5 years related work experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers, and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology, and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders, and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate differences.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.